Coffee Cards

LarryF

We are sailing next week on the CB.  I have several unused coffee cards from previous cruises.  Can I still used one of the cards?  I read they are good until August?  Is that correct?

Thanks, 

Larry

• Like 1

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-physical-card-disclaimer/

New Grounds Coffee Package

Terms & Conditions 2018 (For cards purchased for voyages prior to June 2018)

Package Details and Qualifications

• Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.
  • Unused punches may be used on subsequent voyages unless the card has expired.
  • Free brewed coffee is available only on the voyage of issue.

Terms and Conditions

• Each card must display the date of purchase to be valid.
  • Cards without a date of purchase will have one added at the time of service by a crew member.
  • Cards that have been purchased from secondary sources, other than Princess Cruises, altered, tampered with, photocopied or are expired will be retained by the vessel at their sole discretion and are considered void.

On 6/24/2019 at 9:17 AM, Sugarmag13 said:

18 hours ago, skynight said:

17 minutes ago, LarryF said:

We are sailing next week on the CB.  I have several unused coffee cards from previous cruises.  Can I still used one of the cards?  I read they are good until August?  Is that correct?

Thanks, 

Larry

Yes, use them up before August 31.

My wife and I managed to use two coffee cards on a recent 7 day return from Alaska. We won't be cruising again until October so I bought coffee and hot chocolate for people I didn't know.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

My wife and I managed to use two coffee cards on a recent 7 day return from Alaska. We won't be cruising again until October so I bought coffee and hot chocolate for people I didn't know.

I love this! Very Awesome of you, gave me a smile.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LarryF said:

Thanks, 

Larry

If there is no expiration date...it will be good until the end of August.

13 hours ago, LarryF said:

Thanks, 

Larry

What r coffee cards?  Cost, value?  We r sailing w/o a drink package, but love our coffee.  

The coffee package used to be on a paper card that was good until the punches were used up. If it was lost it could not be replaced. It was replaced with the electronic version loaded onto your cruise card or medallion that expires at the end of the cruise

9 hours ago, LGD said:

What r coffee cards?  Cost, value?  We r sailing w/o a drink package, but love our coffee.  

You can use the coffee cards at the International Cafe for specialty drinks like lattes, cappuccinos, etc.  The card also gets you free coffee, hot chocolate, tea, etc.  The card used to cost $27 and you get 15 specialty drinks for that. That comes to about $1.80 per drink.  The cost may have gone up since our last cruise.  The quality is as good if not better than Starbucks and other Coffee bars.  If you drink lots of coffee and or specialty drinks, it's a great deal.

12 hours ago, LGD said:

Don't purchase the coffee package (used to be a card) until you've tasted the free stuff on the ship. Some think it's horrible, many say it's OK. Hey, it's "free".

DH thinks it tastes like Taster's Choice. He brings Hazelnut Creamer and adds liberally, so likely can't really taste the coffee. 🤣

If you can live with the taste of the coffee that's served in the dining rooms, restaurants and buffet...save your $$.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

11 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Don't purchase the coffee package (used to be a card) until you've tasted the free stuff on the ship. Some think it's horrible, many say it's OK. Hey, it's "free".

DH thinks it tastes like Taster's Choice. He brings Hazelnut Creamer and adds liberally, so likely can't really taste the coffee. 🤣

If you can live with the taste of the coffee that's served in the dining rooms, restaurants and buffet...save your $$.

Thanks.  We bring our favorite creamer on board too.   

On 6/25/2019 at 2:54 PM, Thrak said:

that was really nice of you!  😀  We are not cruising until December so ours will expire before hand.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 10:05 AM, Lynniepoo said:

that was really nice of you!  😀  We are not cruising until December so ours will expire before hand.

Do you have any friends or family that will be cruising before the expiration date of August 31st?  If not, would you be willing to send them our way?  I’ll have 3 college kids with me on an upcoming Alaskan cruise that all drink coffee. 

On 6/25/2019 at 10:08 AM, fishywood said:

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-physical-card-disclaimer/

New Grounds Coffee Package

Terms & Conditions 2018 (For cards purchased for voyages prior to June 2018)

Package Details and Qualifications

• Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.
  • Unused punches may be used on subsequent voyages unless the card has expired.
  • Free brewed coffee is available only on the voyage of issue.

Terms and Conditions

• Each card must display the date of purchase to be valid.
  • Cards without a date of purchase will have one added at the time of service by a crew member.
  • Cards that have been purchased from secondary sources, other than Princess Cruises, altered, tampered with, photocopied or are expired will be retained by the vessel at their sole discretion and are considered void.

Too bad for us we sail on September 28:(

7 hours ago, Nightowl11 said:

Do you have any friends or family that will be cruising before the expiration date of August 31st?  If not, would you be willing to send them our way?  I’ll have 3 college kids with me on an upcoming Alaskan cruise that all drink coffee. 

Send me an email and I will send you my leftover coffee cards. gbrun55atgmaildotcom

On 7/21/2019 at 4:25 AM, Nightowl11 said:

sure.  Send your address to me at lynndotmcmilleratyahoo.com and I'll mail them to you.