Not sure if you will enjoy this cruise? We just returned on June 15th...ask away!

cleifheit2019

This being my 17th cruise, I have cruised with Carnival, RCL, Disney, Celebrity and now MSC.  I do try to look at everything in a positive way versus negative. I just returned off the MSC Seaside on June 15th.  I was with a group of 42 people, which included 5 kids, and the rest adults.  If you have concerns or questions about this cruise, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer any/all questions.  We were on deck 13 (fantastica category) with 2 inside cabins (myself, husband and 10 year old son) (18 year old son and 13 year old son) I did also see a balcony cabin since several were booked within our group.  We had the free Drinks on Us Package and upgraded to the old Classic Package.  We did not dine in any of the specialty restaurants nor did we use the spa.  I attended all shows except for the Butterflies show which was at 2:00 in the afternoon.  In my opinion,  these shows were top notch and above all other shows I've  seen at sea.  Again, it depends on what you like.  I like Cirque style shows and where they may have had the same juggler in a few different shows, the show itself was still different.  The food for me in the dining room was hit or miss...nothing excellent and nothing horrible.  I could always find something to eat.  I thought the buffet on Deck 8 had much more variety and more tables so it was easier to find a place to sit and more spacious (not feeling like you are on top of one another).    Just like any ship, they have some of the same food everyday on the buffet (pizza, burgers and fries) but they also had a wide variety of many other things to choose from.  I will say, I could always find numerous things I liked on the buffet and I never ate a burger on this 7 night cruise.   I had a wonderful relaxing time, but it is different from other cruise lines....not in a bad way, it just depends on what you like and what you are looking for.

Edited by cleifheit2019
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, cleifheit2019 said:

This being my 17th cruise, I have cruised with Carnival, RCL, Disney, Celebrity and now MSC.  I do try to look at everything in a positive way versus negative. I just returned off the MSC Seaside on June 15th.  I was with a group of 42 people, which included 5 kids, and the rest adults.  If you have concerns or questions about this cruise, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer any/all questions.  We were on deck 13 (fantastica category) with 2 inside cabins (myself, husband and 10 year old son) (18 year old son and 13 year old son) 

Two questions:

Did the teenagers enjoy the ship and what it offered? We did the Divina a couple years back and they were hoping for more in regards to activities (they still loved it though). The boys will be each shy of 15 and 12.

We had a balcony last time and on Seaside we have the inside fantastica on 14th deck. Were you cramped with three in the room? How do you think four will be? We are going with two other families and I feel very little time will be spent in the room so trying to justify not upgrading to balcony. 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, cleifheit2019 said:

This being my 17th cruise, I have cruised with Carnival, RCL, Disney, Celebrity and now MSC.  I do try to look at everything in a positive way versus negative. I just returned off the MSC Seaside on June 15th.  I was with a group of 42 people, which included 5 kids, and the rest adults.  If you have concerns or questions about this cruise, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer any/all questions.  We were on deck 13 (fantastica category) with 2 inside cabins (myself, husband and 10 year old son) (18 year old son and 13 year old son) I did also see a balcony cabin since several were booked within our group.  We had the free Drinks on Us Package and upgraded to the old Classic Package.  We did not dine in any of the specialty restaurants nor did we use the spa.  I attended all shows except for the Butterflies show which was at 2:00 in the afternoon.  In my opinion,  these shows were top notch and above all other shows I've  seen at sea.  Again, it depends on what you like.  I like Cirque style shows and where they may have had the same juggler in a few different shows, the show itself was still different.  The food for me in the dining room was hit or miss...nothing excellent and nothing horrible.  I could always find something to eat.  I thought the buffet on Deck 8 had much more variety and more tables so it was easier to find a place to sit and more spacious (not feeling like you are on top of one another).    Just like any ship, they have some of the same food everyday on the buffet (pizza, burgers and fries) but they also had a wide variety of many other things to choose from.  I will say, I could always find numerous things I liked on the buffet and I never ate a burger on this 7 night cruise.   I had a wonderful relaxing time, but it is different from other cruise lines....not in a bad way, it just depends on what you like and what you are looking for.

It is different .but once you know what to expect it gets better.i sailed April last year.it is a much nicer ship than most I must say.i booked again for next summer.to me it is much better than carnival.it would be nicer with less people on the ship.

Paceyswife, 

We had all boys with us raging in each from 10-14.  I'd say yes the teenagers had a great time.  They were able to enter and exit the teen club as they wished.  The activity list is given out at the beginning of the cruise so they can see what's going on and what they want to attend.  They played video games in the teens club and they also had numerous different types of competitions in different locations throughout the ship.  The disco seemed to be a very popular location for the teens during the day.  They also loved the slides, hanging out by the pools and playing basketball.  We honestly did not see them very much, just to check in with us.  They made friends and hung out with them all day/night.  We were not cramped at all in our room with 3.  I think you will be fine with 4 without upgrading to a balcony cabin.  I hope this helps a little bit and enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

SCPirate,

I loved everything about it.  I loved that it was more relaxed.  I didn't mind getting up going to the bar to get a drink.  I do feel the group we were with was looking for a more "in your face" approach like Carnival.  I would certainly go back!!!