Do I need a visa for canada

Kimahri

I checked on visacentral and it is saying that I do not need a visa (I do have a passport) to enter Canada because I am a U.S citizen. I am leaving from Seward AK. I'm just looking for confirmation that this is correct. I'm sure I am worrying for nothing but I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.

Thanks

13 hours ago, Kimahri said:

I checked on visacentral and it is saying that I do not need a visa (I do have a passport) to enter Canada because I am a U.S citizen. I am leaving from Seward AK. I'm just looking for confirmation that this is correct. I'm sure I am worrying for nothing but I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.

Thanks

In the future, you can answer these questions yourself by checking the U.S. State Department web site, at this page, which lets you input the country to which you are traveling, and check the required travel documents:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel.html

Here's the page for Canada:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Canada.html

Americans traveling to Canada do not need a Canadian Visa.

***************************************************************************************************************************

Americans who are traveling with foreign  friends/family members should check to see if their foreign friends/family members need a Canadian Visa.  Every Alaska cruise season there is heart break at the Seattle terminals because some foreign travelers are not aware that they need a Canadian Visa to take an Alaska cruise (because the ships stop in Victoria, BC).  Many times it is Indian families (usually American citizens) who are hosting visiting relatives and are under the false assumption that either their relatives don't need a Canadian visa, or if they stay on the ship while in Canada, a visa isn't needed.  Sometimes it is misinformation from a travel agent, or doesn't know that some members of the traveling party are not US citizens/permanent residents (ARC).

If the country whose passport you are traveling under (example: China, India, Indonesia, all South American countries except Chile, all African countries, etc),  if you don't have a Canadian visa in your passport, you will not be allowed to board the cruise ship in Seattle.  Then the travel group is faced with the heart-wrenching of deciding if the entire group skips the cruise, or does just one/two members stay behind with the denied boarding individual.  There are no refunds for document issues.

So, if you have a foreign friend/family member please, please check to see if they need a Canadian Visa for their Alaskan Cruise!

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2019 at 12:28 PM, clo said:

Only if you stay more than three months or is it 90 days?

There are several reasons an American would need a visa for Canada - long stays like you mention, working, studying, etc. But for a short vacation, nope.