Losin’ for the Cruisin’

AnnieMo

Hi! I’m Annie, I am brand new to Cruise Critic and to cruise. My family (around 20 of us) has booked a cruise out of Miami leaving June 2020. I have 365 days to meet my goal. I have ALOT to lose. I have PCOS which makes it difficult to lose weight. I would like to lose between 150 and 200 pounds before the cruise. 

My my husband is also fluffy. He says he just wants to lose enough weight to fit his fat A## into the normal chairs. And so he can breath without his asthma kicking in. 

You can do it.  Nice husband wants to do it too. Eat healthy, less carbs, means less/no sugar and exercise

It's hard work. You can never give up even if you have bad days.

We have weigh-in every Thursday. Don't have to say your weight just what you..lost, gained or stayed the same.

Keeps us accountable and by weighing each week helps us to stay on track to lose and stay healthy.

Welcome

Welcome, Annie!  I hope you have a great family cruise 🙂 

You and your husband supporting each other should help your fitness journey.  My husband is also an asthmatic and when he got in shape and lost weight a few years ago his symptoms almost completely subsided with only rare use of a rescue inhaler.

Your loss goal sounds very ambitious for one year.  Typically, sustainable loss is 1-2# per week, or 50-100# in a year.  That's still a huge amount and carrying even 20# less on your frame would likely improve health.

Losing weight is hard, but so are the health consequences of being overweight.  We (myself included 😉 )need to choose our hard.  Hope to "see" you in the weekly weigh-in threads.

Hi Annie,

Luckily you thought to start early.  Everyone I know usually waits until about a month before they leave to decide they want to lose weight.  Slow and steady is always better.  Even if you dont meet your goal every bit helps.  It feels really good to go on vacation when when you've lost some weight.

Good luck to you!