Liberty of the Seas 6/16-6/23/19

1 hour ago, danacline said:

We're booked on Liberty for Halloween. I had been told that we could not bring on any water or soda, only the one bottle of wine per adult (max 2 per cabin). Since you didn't mention it, can I assume they let you bring on the water?

You are permitted, PER CABIN:

two bottles of wine, 750 ml each

twelve containers of non-alcoholic beverages (water, soda,  juice), no more than 17 ounces/500 ml each

MUST be carried on

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We had lunch in the Windjammer most days. In our opinion, Royal wins the buffet comparison over Carnival. The layout as well as the food is better on Royal. Especially Royal's delicious cookies. We ate a lot of those cookies.

IMG_4666.thumb.jpg.92fb717ca935978dd3ec1dff95f58c40.jpg

The main dining room on this ship is absolutely beautiful. I was in love with the enormous crystal chandelier. They definitely have Carnival beat with their more elegant aesthetic. However, we thought the MDR food selection and presentation is somewhat better on Carnival.

IMG_4565.thumb.jpg.a4a1503ae95d14d04327f71a10cf1749.jpg

IMG_4616.thumb.jpg.0ee40f79b1153b1e89223aa310bfc932.jpg

The next day was a sea day, so we slept in and then spent most of the day on the balcony. At breakfast, we walked into the buffet immediately after a little girl had been sick in the lineup for food. The staff was in the process of cordoning off the area and the little girl and her mom were talking to the food services manager. We walked past quickly and got our food from a different section of the buffet. I later heard that they closed that entire half of the buffet area and sanitized everything, including all of the tables, etc. I didn't hear of anyone else getting sick, and we all felt fine, so that must have kept it contained.

We played mini golf that afternoon, which was fun but windy!

IMG_4669.thumb.jpg.e591778c5b741024a552c06e3b96c133.jpg

IMG_4671.thumb.jpg.1f07532b7a478f5ab2f6e11418e98950.jpg

That night was formal night, and was also the first of only three nights that we received a towel animal. On all of my other cruises, we got them every night. I'm not sure if it's a Royal thing or if our steward just decided to only do it 3 nights, but our son was a bit disappointed about that. We went to see the ice skating show that night and it was amazing.  

IMG_5008.thumb.jpg.cbe019b1e6405b0573040b46629f39c7.jpg

IMG_4693.thumb.jpg.2196692df3795f8d65c42c772a5897df.jpg

IMG_4696.thumb.jpg.a06a1125c8dfb7ff85d9dc78cdbf0358.jpg

Nice family photos.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bighairtexan said:

Thanks for this. I'm sure many of us are enjoying your review.  Well I AM anyway! 😄

Thank you!!

3 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Enjoying your review, thanks for sharing.  We were on Liberty in March - she's one of our favorites.

I can see why!

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Nice family photos.

Thanks! The family pics are my favorite part of travel.

59 minutes ago, bb24 said:

Thanks for the review!! We board Liberty in 18 days!!  I can't wait!

Have a great time!

19 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Great objective review!! Living in the Dallas area we cruise LOTS semi regularly and love her. It amazes me the reviews that claim she is old, worn, and tattered. Glad you had a great time. 

We are in the Dallas area, too. I can see why you love this ship!

Finally,  a Liberty OTS review!  Thank you so much.  Glad to hear that you all really enjoyed the cruise. 

We are leaving this Sunday on the same itinerary and will be driving from Austin area to Galveston on Friday afternoon.

I have a few questions

- When did you arrive at the terminal for the check-in?

- Sounds like the tender system in Grand Cayman is a real cluster, both getting off the boat as well as getting back on.  What time do you recommend we stand in the tender ticket line if we want to leave the ship at 10a?  

- did you do self-disembarkation?  

Thanks!

• Like 1

-We arrived around 11:15 a.m. and were in line by about 11:45 (after bag drop, parking, shuttling back). On the ship by 1:00.

-My husband was in line 15 minutes before the tender ticket line opened, so you’d need to go sooner than that. The best way to get off early is to have an excursion through Royal (which we didn’t),

-We chose not to do self-disembarkation this time. We weren’t in a rush to get off since we were driving. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tasm3n said:

Thanks for the review.  We have our first RCCL and Liberty of the Seas cruise a little over a year from now.

You will love it!

1 hour ago, George C said:

Great photos, love your aft balcony which is bigger than the balcony on grand suites that we book . 

It was awesome!

Thank you so much for posting the review and the photos! My husband and I -  fellow Texans - will be sailing with Royal Caribbean for the first time 

on the Liberty of the Seas in 4 days! We are not new to cruising ( we have sailed several times with Carnival and 3 times with NCL) but it is exciting to try a new cruise line, as well as  to see Cayman Island and Jamaica, two islands that we somehow have missed on previous cruises. 

Anyway, I am getting rather excited because  of 1. Great reviews like yours, and 2.  We will be boarding this ship in less than 96 hours! 

😁

Thanks for taking time to write an excellent review!  Great pictures, as well!!  Liberty is scheduled to be in Galveston through at least April of 2021, so you should have another opportunity to cruise her!  Supposedly one of her "BIG" sisters will be coming in sometime after that!

9 hours ago, sushitex said:

Thank you so much for posting the review and the photos! My husband and I -  fellow Texans - will be sailing with Royal Caribbean for the first time 

on the Liberty of the Seas in 4 days! We are not new to cruising ( we have sailed several times with Carnival and 3 times with NCL) but it is exciting to try a new cruise line, as well as  to see Cayman Island and Jamaica, two islands that we somehow have missed on previous cruises. 

Anyway, I am getting rather excited because  of 1. Great reviews like yours, and 2.  We will be boarding this ship in less than 96 hours! 

😁

How exciting!!  Have a great time!

8 hours ago, George C said:

Did you see the great ice show? Or play I assume it’s still Saturday night fever.

We saw the ice show on the first night - it was great! We chose not to see Saturday Night Fever because our son is only 9 and we thought it might not be appropriate for him.

5 hours ago, JamesEM said:

Thanks for your review and photos.

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Thanks for taking time to write an excellent review!  Great pictures, as well!!  Liberty is scheduled to be in Galveston through at least April of 2021, so you should have another opportunity to cruise her!  Supposedly one of her "BIG" sisters will be coming in sometime after that!

Oh, this is good news!

17 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Wow!!  We debated whether or not to do self-carry, so I'm glad we decided against it this time. 

We have done self carry at least three times and have not had to wait in any lines.  But we choose the latest time to get off.  I had a friend who went during a cruise when it was Mexico's spring break (sometime in April).  It took them almost two hours.

Thanks for the info on corner aft cabins.  We have one in several months but the balcony is not as sweet as 7408. Will be on the lookout for creaking sounds that might get louder.

• Like 1

Great review!  We are headed out on Liberty next month and can't wait!  I am curious if your son went to the kids Voyagers (9-11) age group activities?  I will be traveling with my two sons, 11 and 12, and they think it won't be any fun.  Thanks for any insight!

2 hours ago, micowboy said:

Great review!  We are headed out on Liberty next month and can't wait!  I am curious if your son went to the kids Voyagers (9-11) age group activities?  I will be traveling with my two sons, 11 and 12, and they think it won't be any fun.  Thanks for any insight!

I was able to sign my 11 year old into the teen group where your 12 year old will be.  They can come and go as they please and there are organized activities.  My son was by himself and it was good for him to find kids his age - he made a buddy for the week.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chrismch said:

Do you need to reserve a seat for the ice show you saw? Or is it first come first served. Also, what did you think about the pizza served on the ship?

Ice show is first come first served.  In my opinion, pizza at Sorento's has improved quite a bit from what it used to be.