what is your own personal Carnival "dream" cruise

Within reason, of course.  no 365 day Around the World itineraries  :classic_biggrin:

Once upon a time my white whale was getting to Maho Beach on St Maarten.  After that it was seeing the Pitons in person.  Then it cruising, anywhere, for more than 7 days (my tops is an eleven nighter)

My wife's dream is to fly to CA from the Midwest, stay overnight and depart the next day for a two week cruise to Hawaii and back.  (we both HATE flights over 4-5 hours or so and dread a flight halfway around the world)

I haven't settled an itinerary I really want to put #1.  a Panama Canal/Cartegena one would be up there, I've never been to South America.

18 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Within reason, of course.  no 365 day Around the World itineraries  :classic_biggrin:

Once upon a time my white whale was getting to Maho Beach on St Maarten.  After that it was seeing the Pitons in person.  Then it cruising, anywhere, for more than 7 days (my tops is an eleven nighter)

My wife's dream is to fly to CA from the Midwest, stay overnight and depart the next day for a two week cruise to Hawaii and back.  (we both HATE flights over 4-5 hours or so and dread a flight halfway around the world)

I haven't settled an itinerary I really want to put #1.  a Panama Canal/Cartegena one would be up there, I've never been to South America.

It would start in London.

Day 1: Southampton

Day 2: Sea

Day 3: Sea

Day 4: Azores

Day 5: Sea

Day 6: Sea

Day 7: Sea

Day 8: Sea

Day 9: Sea

Day 10: New York

Day 11: Sea

Day 12: Bermuda

Day 13: Sea

Day 14: Sea

Day 15: Barbados

Day 16: Sea

Day 17: Curaçao

Day 18: Aruba

Day 19: Sea

Day 20: (Partial Panama Canal Transit)

Day 21: Cartagena

Well my bucket list retirement trip for in a couple of years is a combination of land and sea.  DH and would like to drive Route 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica.  Do a cruise to Hawaii and back out of LA.  Drive up the coast to Seattle.  Do a cruise to Alaska and back out of Seattle.  Head back dropping down to see the mid-section of the county through Colorado and back to MI.  We were thinking of doing this after I retire in 2021 but then DS asked if we would be interested on a trip to Europe with him in 2021.  He wants to plan a trip to tour Europe and be in Paris for the end of the Tour de France.  So now our Route 66 has been pushed back a year or two and I am looking at TA to/from Europe, Mediterranean cruises, and England/Ireland cruises to see what kind of land/sea vacation we can plan around what he wants to do.

Minimum two sea days between each port so we could really relax!  Casting geography aside:  stops at Carnival's Half Moon Cay, a port call to see the swimming pigs in the Bahamas, Cuba (the window has closed on that for at least a while...and I still haven't visited), a stop at Princess Cays (Carnival can do that since they own it!), visit Grand Cayman on a good-weather/smooth-sea day to go out to Stingray City with our favorite private guide, and Saint Lucia. 

Oh, and let's throw in St. Kitts and Nevis since that's where those with mega-money like to visit!

This cruise could be on the Dream (probably my favorite ship) and would leave from Tampa early enough that we could go outside as the ship sails under the Sunshine Skyway bridge and still not miss Early Dining in the MDR.

I just described a 21+ day cruise 🙂

Edited by Out of Iowa
clarify, fix math.

Well I have a different (sort of) thoughts on this thread. My dream would be ANY CRUISE to ANY DESTINATION and not having to return home to go back to work. In other words, be retired. Maybe soon...maybe.

On 6/27/2019 at 2:39 PM, Out of Iowa said:

Minimum two sea days between each port so we could really relax!  Casting geography aside:  stops at Carnival's Half Moon Cay, a port call to see the swimming pigs in the Bahamas, Cuba (the window has closed on that for at least a while...and I still haven't visited), a stop at Princess Cays (Carnival can do that since they own it!), visit Grand Cayman on a good-weather/smooth-sea day to go out to Stingray City with our favorite private guide, and Saint Lucia. 

Oh, and let's throw in St. Kitts and Nevis since that's where those with mega-money like to visit!

This cruise could be on the Dream (probably my favorite ship) and would leave from Tampa early enough that we could go outside as the ship sails under the Sunshine Skyway bridge and still not miss Early Dining in the MDR.

I just described a 21+ day cruise 🙂

Good thing this is just a fantasy cruise, as I believe Dream would have to let some air out of the tires to get under the Skyway Bridge (or leave her funnel behind...). 

2 hours ago, crooooze said:

How about a Captain's Choice cruise. You board and have no idea where you're going until you get there. Each stop is a surprise.

Ok, and let's assume there are no dumpy ports.

I think Fred Olsen did one of those from the UK a few years ago.  Mystery cruise.  I think it went up the North Cape.  EM