D736 or C750

Nattyg1723

Hi, all

First time Princess cruiser here (but have cruised HAL prior). I am considering taking the Ruby Princess in 2020 for a trip and am undecided between Vista Suites D736 or C750; it appears that the D736 suite has a larger balcony on the deck plan with less neighbors.

Any information from others who have stayed in these suites is much appreciated. 

1 minute ago, Nattyg1723 said:

Hi, all

First time Princess cruiser here (but have cruised HAL prior). I am considering taking the Ruby Princess in 2020 for a trip and am undecided between Vista Suites D736 or C750; it appears that the D736 suite has a larger balcony on the deck plan with less neighbors.

Any information from others who have stayed in these suites is much appreciated. 

We tend to take Vista's on Dolphin or Emerald decks.

Very quiet area.

We were just in D-737 (mirror image of D-736) last month.  We enjoyed the balcony and the aft facing location because we were on an Alaska itinerary.  The balcony is very spacious.  Two televisions in the suite (just know that either remote can control both, so if you are watching the ship cam and someone changes to another channel on the other, it might change yours, too).  The jacuzzi tub is very spacious.  Sofa and barrel chair.  Very quiet (could not hear neighbors unless they came out on the balcony and could not hear them very well).  Cannot compare it to the other suite you mention because that is the only suite we have been in thus far.  We thoroughly enjoyed it, though, and would book it again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nattyg1723 said:

Hi, all

The balcony is better on D736- larger, and the beam isn't in the way. That said, our first choice is C750 😕 The balcony isn't as nice or large, but it still has a wake view. The beam is more in the middle and gets in the way more. But, the sitting room is larger and has a desk. In D736, the sitting room is slightly smaller and has no desk. We've never had any hallway noise in either suite.

Both suites are nice; it just depends on what's more important to you. My husband spends a lots of time in the suite, so he prefers the second desk in the sitting room. Although I prefer the larger balcony, I'm not out there that much, so if C750 is available, we take it. We do not like the cabins on the other side since sometimes cigarette smoke wafts up since smokers can smoke in the back section of the promenade deck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RSF Cruiser said:

The balcony is better on D736- larger, and the beam isn't in the way. That said, our first choice is C750 😕 The balcony isn't as nice or large, but it still has a wake view. The beam is more in the middle and gets in the way more. But, the sitting room is larger and has a desk. In D736, the sitting room is slightly smaller and has no desk. We've never had any hallway noise in either suite.

Both suites are nice; it just depends on what's more important to you. My husband spends a lots of time in the suite, so he prefers the second desk in the sitting room. Although I prefer the larger balcony, I'm not out there that much, so if C750 is available, we take it. We do not like the cabins on the other side since sometimes cigarette smoke wafts up since smokers can smoke in the back section of the promenade deck.

Thank you for the info about the smoking! 

• Like 1