Diamond drinks: question and (possible) update

Hi folks,

First, a question: for the sodas available as Diamond drinks, either in the lounge or at the bars, does anybody know what the options are? Is it just Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite or is there a bit more to choose from?

Also, for what it's worth ... I recently called a C&A rep who mentioned that the three nightly drinks for Diamonds are now available in the dining room on ALL ships. Supposedly they have recently changed the policy fleet-wide. Of course, there's no guarantee that it will be uniformly applied, but at least in theory, that's the way it should be. Fingers crossed!

3 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Hi folks,

First, a question: for the sodas available as Diamond drinks, either in the lounge or at the bars, does anybody know what the options are? Is it just Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite or is there a bit more to choose from?

Also, for what it's worth ... I recently called a C&A rep who mentioned that the three nightly drinks for Diamonds are now available in the dining room on ALL ships. Supposedly they have recently changed the policy fleet-wide. Of course, there's no guarantee that it will be uniformly applied, but at least in theory, that's the way it should be. Fingers crossed!

I hope the C&A rep was correct but I'm not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Hi folks,

My husband always asks for a cherry coke in the DL.  They just add some grenadine to the coke.

6 minutes ago, Giorgi-one said:

Are Diamond drinks only available 5pm to 8 pm at bars and in dining room?

Correct, and the tIme period is usually 5pm to 8:30pm or 4:30pm to 8pm.

1 hour ago, Giorgi-one said:

Are Diamond drinks only available 5pm to 8 pm at bars and in dining room?

I think the actual time is 30 minutes before early  traditional dining seating until the start of late traditional dining seating.   So if early traditional dining is at 5:00 and late seating is at 8:00 then the happy hour will start at 4:30 and end at 8:00.

1 minute ago, papaflamingo said:

I think the actual time is 30 minutes before early  traditional dining seating until the start of late traditional dining seating.   So if early traditional dining is at 5:00 and late seating is at 8:00 then the happy hour will start at 4:30 and end at 8:00.

One hour before first seating until the time of second seating.

(You will generally find fixed times of 5:30 & 8 or 6 & 8:30)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Hi folks,

Generally, I see Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Ginger Ale.  I am so sad that I never find Caffeine Free Diet Coke anymore.

57 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Generally, I see Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Ginger Ale.  I am so sad that I never find Caffeine Free Diet Coke anymore.

You can bring 12 onboard

• Like 1

4 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

This would be great.  I think it would free up space in the Diamond lounge. 

35 minutes ago, SuzD123 said:

Wait...What?!  Ability to use our Diamond drinks in the MDR?  Also hoping that this is correct.  If so, that will be a very pleasant change.  Thanks for the heads up!   🙂

It'e been reported on various ships for months now, but it sounds like it might be a fleetwide policy finally.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

It'e been reported on various ships for months now, but it sounds like it might be a fleetwide policy finally.

In the long-running thread on this topic, I posted a couple of days ago that from all the reports, it seems to be on all ships finally. (No or few reports from Asia, though)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

In the long-running thread on this topic, I posted a couple of days ago that from all the reports, it seems to be on all ships finally. (No or few reports from Asia, though)

Thanks Carol, I must have missed that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

That has not been my experience.  

4 hours ago, SuzD123 said:

Wait...What?!  Ability to use our Diamond drinks in the MDR?  Also hoping that this is correct.  If so, that will be a very pleasant change.  Thanks for the heads up!   🙂

Yes-nice option EXCEPT if you prefer second seating dinner, the HH is over.   If you want a drink with dinner you have to purchase one, get one prior the HH ending and bring it in the dining room, use the beverage package or use a bottle of wine you brought on board. I’m sure there are other options too. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1