Luggage Point Brisbane

33 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

If it all pans out, Quantum is certainly a step up from what we are used to in Brisbane.

It used to seem that 90% of Brisbane based cruises were on the Pacific Dawn. It was enough to put you off cruising. 🧐

I can see where you are coming from Sinbad.LOL

I think Brisbane will power ahead.Good for you.

We might end up having to cruise out of Brisbane if Princess insists on only having the really big ships out of Sydney. Although we tend to do more off season cruises now, repositioning cruises or round Australia or Hawaii/Tahiti.

57 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We might end up having to cruise out of Brisbane if Princess insists on only having the really big ships out of Sydney.

I've been on Majestic Princess and I have no need to go on any of the Royal class ships as a result. It just wasn't for me. Coral is looking good.

I was looking forward to Radiance but Quantum will do, beggars can't be choosers. 😁

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I've been on Majestic Princess and I have no need to go on any of the Royal class ships as a result. It just wasn't for me. Coral is looking good.

I was looking forward to Radiance but Quantum will do, beggars can't be choosers. 😁

Yikes! If you didn't like Majestic Princess then you might not like Quantum. It's much bigger.

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

We were just talking about the sail away parties in years gone by. Sydney has a ban on them from the noise.

There shouldn’t be a problem in Brisbane.

43 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yikes! If you didn't like Majestic Princess then you might not like Quantum. It's much bigger.

Big ships have got appeal, lots going on . food,entertainment activities 

Quantam and Oasis class in the evening there can be at least 3 bands or shows going at one time .

The secret is to learn to avoid the log jam of people,if you can do that it’s a ball.

44 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Big ships have got appeal, lots going on . food,entertainment activities 

Quantam and Oasis class in the evening there can be at least 3 bands or shows going at one time .

The secret is to learn to avoid the log jam of people,if you can do that it’s a ball.

We did one cruise on Royal Caribbean but it wasn't a good fit for us. We had a fun cruise but some things, like the constant sales pitches, really annoyed us.

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

We were just talking about the sail away parties in years gone by. Sydney has a ban on them from the noise.

There shouldn’t be a problem in Brisbane.

I expect there won't be complaints in Brisbane from the sewage works next door. It should be party time all the way across Moreton Bay to Tangalooma.

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm always willing to give a ship (or class of ships) a go. It wasn't just the crowds on Majestic, it was also the way she was laid out. Poorly thought out public areas and worst of all you seemed to be cut off from the ocean. When I'm on a cruise I like to experience the sea. Majestic was the worst ship I have ever been on for that. It was one of the reasons I was looking forward to Radiance, I had heard that she had a good sea going ambiance.

Today is the day the Brisbane International Cruise Terminal was due to open. 😷

Edited by SinbadThePorter

3 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I'm always willing to give a ship (or class of ships) a go. It wasn't just the crowds on Majestic, it was also the way she was laid out. Poorly thought out public areas and worst of all you seemed to be cut off from the ocean. When I'm on a cruise I like to experience the sea. Majestic was the worst ship I have ever been on for that. It was one of the reasons I was looking forward to Radiance, I had heard that she had a good sea going ambiance.

I'd certainly agree about Majestic, she is the worst ship we've been on.

We didn't notice as many issues on Royal Princess but that was a full-on Med cruise with very few sea days, and those we spent up in the Sanctuary looking over the bow of the ship. The rest of the time we were either ashore or too tired to do anything other than have a drink then dinner.

However I really dislike the tiny bars on the Royal Class ships. They don't have the lounge feel of the older ships. Other than the outside bars there was only one that wasn't around the atrium so a quiet drink was ruined by overloud music.

We went on Rhapsody which was a lovely ship. We found a secret sunlounger spot just aft of the covered pool area so spent most of our time there even though the sunloungers were crappy.

February we took some friends on Ovation,They really kicked up a stink about going on a mega ship.

Only because there was about 30 people they knew were going,  they reluctantly went.

From booking it ,boarding,until about the second day it was nonstop winging.

WE HATE BIG SHIPS.
After that, they went quite.

They had access to the suite lounge and restaurant plus were shown around the best places on the ship. I contributed with my happy place ,which they loved.

When they got off they were hooked.

Now they want to try the Oasis class 

Only problem we have with RCI over say - Princess, Celebrity, HAL and P&O Aus are; the beds. The size of the ship like Ovation offered a heap of things we loved but .......

Very personal opinion of course but over the years the beds on Royal Carribean ships have gone from comfortable to just too uncomfortable for these old bones. Just saying [emoji848]

• 3 months later...
On 10/2/2020 at 8:58 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

We did one cruise on Royal Caribbean but it wasn't a good fit for us. We had a fun cruise but some things, like the constant sales pitches, really annoyed us.

We did the inaugural Royal Caribbean cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas from Hawaii to Sydney.  I wanted to try Radiance of the Seas, which looked beautiful, at that time, but it didn't happen. 

5 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

We did the inaugural Royal Caribbean cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas from Hawaii to Sydney.  I wanted to try Radiance of the Seas, which looked beautiful, at that time, but it didn't happen. 

Our cruise was on Rhapsody too. We liked the ship but the overall experience didn't suit us.