6-27-19 Thursday Weigh-In...How Was Your Month?

Belle

Last weigh-in of June today

Can July be far away

Was it a good month for weight loss for you at the end

Did you lose any pounds...one, two, four. six or even ten  (don't we wish)

Summertime is here so more food and drink to enjoy each week

We have to be strong and say "just a little" or No "Thanks" and not be weak

Exercise is what we all should be doing all the time

You should walk more during summer..on the ground might find a dime :classic_smile:

Vacations and cruises coming up for us we want to be slimmer

So we need to eat right..exercise often and be a winner

W.....weight loss

I.....interesting food plans

N.....no night eating

N.....never giving up

E.....exercise

R.....reaching our goal  (no matter how long it takes)

• Like 1

We just got back from Iowa ... it took an extra day and two separate airlines to get back to Maine ... 

We had a great time with DH's brother & wife .... we ate way too much and I ended up gaining 3.4#  Now to get that off and add more weight loss during July.  We are going camping with one of our sons and family on Sunday-Thursday ... Hope that I can stay on track food/drink wise.

Hope everyone had a good week.  Jan

Thanks Belle! Jan, sorry for the travel woes! I also gained. 3.4# in a week. I was on track with workouts and nutrition. I am blaming it on "womanhood" 😉 and starting to workout again. I think my body is in shock LOL Overall for the month I am down 2lbs. I am pretty sure I'll be down a good amount next week. Today's menu at work is diet green tea (Turkey Hill), hamburger patty with a slice of swiss, tomato/cucumber/blue cheese salad with olive oil & balsalmic. I also brought a few slices of swiss in case I get the munchies. 

I am getting excited for my RCL cruise in September. It finally seems close enough to think about. It's only three nights but it's the perfect filler before my 7 night mexican riviera cruise on Princess in January!

Hello,

Belle, thanks for the thread.

I stayed the same......again. Arrgh.

Jan and Jenny, ooh, not good to gain but happens to all of us. 

Off topic note for Jo when she comes in........Jo, hubby and I decided to try the NCL Bliss, Nov 3 this year LA to NY. How was getting off the ship in the various ports? I imagine it can take a long time, just wondering. We've never been on such a large ship.

Have a good day everyone, Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Thanks for getting us started Belle 🙂 

Welcome home Jan!  Jenny, I can relate to "womanhood" derailing the best habits 😉 Diana, you had a nice loss for the month 🙂 

I'm down .8# this week, down 1# from June 7, but up .4# from May 30.  Basically a maintain, but when I want to lose 50# it is frustrating.  Part of me counts it a win based on the schedule we had this month (including a cruise), but I need to stop letting "life" be an excuse for gain or lack of loss.  Life will always be some level of busy and there will always be some party, picnic, cruise, etc reason why there is a lot of temptation around.  I've heard it said if something matters you make it happen, if it doesn't you make excuses - I need to resolve that my health matters to me (regardless of circumstances).

I did get most of my produce prepped and have a 5K this Saturday.  Need to meal plan this afternoon.  I will likely be out of town visiting family on the 4th, so probably won't weigh in for 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Hello All   I lost a 1/2 lb this week. Was more earlier in the week, hate how the scale goes up and down

during the week. Nice when it goes down put not when it goes up for Thursday!:classic_tongue:

Jan..Welcome back glad you had a good time. Sorry about the flight home. Flying just isn't

like it use to be. Sounds like a Fun camping trip. Enjoy. Hike and you'll lose some of your gain.

Jenny..We understand the "womanhood" weight gain. It will come off soon. You exercise and have

good food that you take to work each week.

Diana..You didn't gain so that's better staying the same. How many passengers does the Bliss hold?

Heard you have to sign up to see the shows and everything you want to do. I wouldn't like that.

The largest I've 'been on was 3000 passengers.  Wasn't bad but I do like ships with less passengers.

Pac You had a loss, you maintain for the month even with a cruise during the month. Yes we like to lose

but sometimes happy staying the same and not gaining because we do live our lives and we're human. 

This is a lifetime way of eating. WE have to take it a day at a time and some days might not be as good as others.

Cruise 42..Your doing good had a loss this week 4 lbs in two weeks. Sometime are bodies are resting and

next week you could have a bigger loss from you dieting and exercising hard.

Any good weekend plans for any of you? Not me, hoping to do some work in the yard. Exciting!

Everyone have fun whatever you do just watch your eating so there will be no gain on the scale on Monday!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cruises42 said:

Thanks for the inspiration Belle. I still dieted and exercised hard this week but only lost 1 lb. Down 4 since June 13. It sounds like we all had a tough week.

4# in two weeks is wonderful!  It didn't come on overnight and won't come off overnight.  

Our church is hosting a fireworks and fun night.  Part of the fun is ice cream (I'll plan lunch and supper to allow for it 😉 ), plus they have inflatables including for the adults - so that will help burn some calories 🙂 

Tomorrow is a 5K.  I haven't really trained for this one at all, and have never run this course so we'll see how it goes 😮 

Have a great weekend all!

• Like 1

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks for starting the thread with those words of encouragement!

Jan ~ yikes, that sounded like the long way home! Have fun camping with your son & family.

Diana ~ nice re booking the Bliss! I was on it  Nov 3 last year Los Angeles to Miami & had a really great time.

I'm used to sailing  big ships (Bliss has 4004 pax vs Allure 6.780) so didn't notice any problems disembarking or embarking after an excursion. Luckily we had no tender stops as that might have been a nightmare.

It's a lovely ship & I find the food great on NCL even in the MDR. See "Jersey Boys" if you like Frankie Valli, I saw it twice onboard, then saw it again in Toronto recently.

BTW I gained 0.6 lbs when I weighed yesterday but was down 0.2 lbs when I weighed today. Funny how it fluctuates eh?!

Have a great weekend & hope all goes well on your 5K tomorrow pacruise804.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Hi, all,

Crazy week at work with folks in from out of town.  Nighttime eating and drinking, totally out of control.  I was up a pound Thursday (plus another 2 today!).  But, overall down 3 for the month - hope to drop another one or two before the actual end of month, start July off on the right foot.  I will just get right back to it.   So Jan and Jenny, I'm right there with you for the week.  We can come back from it!

I'm doing this for permanent change, not just for the cruise.  Have to keep reminding myself that.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Andrea

7 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Tomorrow is a 5K.  I haven't really trained for this one at all, and have never run this course so we'll see how it goes 😮 

How great!! Miss those days but I know there'll be another in my future 🤞

Not as great this week but at least I'm down 1/2" to 31.5".

With 4th of July bbq's looming on the near horizon looking for tips to stay on track. Yes there'll be impossible burgers with buns & fixings, potato & pasta salad, ice cream sandwiches. I don't want to feel deprived which always leads me to failure but not looking to lose much. 

Hello Jo. Andrea and Ombud missed you earlier. Glad you all doing pretty good even having

a bump here and there.

Yes 4th of July will be here soon. Some will have

just one day, others a four day, some this

weekend to the next.:classic_ohmy:  Happy 4th of July!

Can we be good in our eating?  Yes we can....but will we? Yes ! We can eat the food but

smaller portions. Right?  Maybe leave out the sweets, ice cream. Can  we? Yes! Do we want to?

Questions for us all. How did you answers them?

Everyone having a good Sat.?  Having fun, relaxing or working.

I did some work, my 2 "kids" came over today ..they worked in the yard, put patio cushions and

umbrella out.  Other odds and ends got done and they washed their cars,   Mine got wash when

got the new battery on Monday.  So was nice to be together even if working.

I've been trying some fasting and eating less. What's nice I'm getting full fast and not being able

to finish my food. Having to save it for later.  Hope it continues to happen.

Everyone have a good Sunday no matter what you do.

I just have to share! My boot came off a week ago. I'm supposed to wear it 1/2 time and slowly increase activity. But I walked a 1/2 mile today. I never thought that I'd be able to do so much so soon with only a little pain. But I did it! PT gave me 2 sets of ankle movements to do, each 4 minutes long which made it possible (I think). I still can't do inclines but I did a little distance 

• Like 2

Great news, Ombud!  Well, it's the last day of the month, and although I undid some of my progress last week, I ended the month 3 pounds lighter.  I will take it.  Try to more in July.

I'm doing a thing called Race at Your Pace, where you commit to walking a certain number of miles each month.  I commit to 200 per month - happy to say I made it for June, just barely.  For some reason working for the little medal they send really motivates me to keep moving.

Quiet weekend for me.  I had a houseguest for a couple of weeks who just left Thursday, so I'm enjoying having the house to myself.  My DS and BIL are coming next weekend.  Short week at work, thank goodness.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

• Like 1

I tried posting this last week, but the boards were glitchy - at least it stayed in the history:

Ombud, I don't remember if you have special dietary needs you are trying to stick to (keto, anti-inflammatory, etc), but I would recommend - and trying to do the same for myself - to focus on the non-food items of get togethers.  Try to plan an intentional splurge, but don't make the whole meal a splurge.  An example for me tonight is that I plan to have a blast climbing the inflatables they have for the adults and relax with the family watching fireworks.  I will also enjoy a small dish of ice cream😎Since I'm planning the ice cream tonight though, I opted to not buy any "goodies" that were on sale like chips or ice cream - and even said no to buying some hard cider for after the race.

I've seen a lot of people skip the bun at picnics, and if there is a food I can easily get another time (salads, ice cream) I can usually pass those by.  A nicely charred hotdog though - yum.  My downfall is when there are several tempting homemade desserts that I can't/don't duplicate at home 😉 

• Like 1

I ended up not doing the inflatables.  We had rain Friday a few hours before the event so they were quite wet and I didn't want wet clothes all night.  The fireworks were amazing 🙂 

My race was good.  I took several walking breaks, but still finished under 46 minutes - which I'm pleased with since I didn't really train.  I need to look into speed walking though, some of them get better times than I do and it would likely be better for my hips.

I also did some hiking Saturday afternoon, so activity was good for the weekend.

• Like 2

You know the old saying...

Do as I say..Not as I do.......Well I didn't do as I said.  Eat less, exercise.

My Sunday and Monday were terrible eating wise.  WHY? I don't know.

Back on track Tuesday. Think I'll go shopping (clothes, ect.) spend money instead of eating!:classic_laugh:

Hope you all had a good weekend and Monday!

Edited by Belle