Current laundry prices

bitob

Closing the loop

we are back from 2 glorious weeks on the pg with 3 extra nights on fiji

we were 3 couples. One bought the laundry package

we and another couple did not. We sent out laundry as needed. Some of the ladies’ stuff we hand washed as we avoid the dryer 

we spent $55. Out friends spent $70. Definitely not worth it for us 

We were on the same cruise and spent about 50 dollars on laundry. This was our 3rd PG cruise, and we've never spent a lot on laundry. The laundry package would allow you to travel with just carry on baggage, but I would have a hard time narrowing down my clothes and shoes to just that.

On 9/25/2019 at 5:47 PM, bitob said:

Closing the loop

we are back from 2 glorious weeks on the pg with 3 extra nights on fiji

we were 3 couples. One bought the laundry package

we and another couple did not. We sent out laundry as needed. Some of the ladies’ stuff we hand washed as we avoid the dryer 

we spent $55. Out friends spent $70. Definitely not worth it for us 

We were the couple in this group that bought the laundry package. We did not compare the costs because PG does not price out the laundry orders when you have the package and I was unwilling to do the math.  We used it a lot, maybe a bit more than actually needed but it was prepaid.  We are comfortable that we got our money's worth.  Same day service and excellent pressing.

Note that we had substantially less luggage than our travel companions. We travel with a 24inch suitcase and a backpack/carryon each.. One of our friends had 2 28 inchers plus a lot of carry on.   Also we needed clean laundry for an additional 5 days of travel after we returned to the states.

You pay your money and take your choice 🙂

Robbie21's post underscores my point.

Electing the laundry package is not a "no brainer" as some have suggested

You need to try to figure out your own needs.

You do NOT want to pre pay way more than you need if you are not going to use the ship services often or spend more than you have to if you use the laundry services lot.

• Like 1

If you want to clean everything as you wear it, the package is a good value. They do a great job as everything comes back perfectly clean and pressed. We use it everyday. I do have to be mindful of what I send to them because they seem to wash hot and dry hot. And they press everything. One time they pressed creases into my pants which I don’t crease, but they redid them quickly. The package is particularly useful because each day I’m wearing two to three outfits, especially if we’re in the water midday. A bonus is not having to look at laundry hanging in the room as it dries the whole cruise.

Edited by happydolphin

• 2 months later...
On 8/11/2019 at 5:36 PM, dolls123 said:

I just need my clothes pressed and I normally send them all out on the first day. On NCL they bring me a iron and iron board when I don’t have a lot that needs to be ironed. Does Paul Gauguin have irons?

I just need my evening dresses pressed. Has anyone just had their evening clothes pressed? 

On 12/9/2019 at 2:11 AM, aururab said:

Evening dresses? How formal are you planning for?

I was only planning on bringing a nicer summer dress, kind of what I would where to a summer winery wedding. 

Not beaded dresses just Eliza J maxi dresses 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 2:20 AM, happydolphin said:

I do have to be mindful of what I send to them because they seem to wash hot and dry hot. 

We specified "Cold wash and Cool Dry Please" on our laundry ticket, and that is the service we received. We had a number of items where it would have been very apparent had they been washed and dried "Hot".