Is my TA info correct ? please help (again)

fragilek

Update info- Unfortunately my mum has had to cancel and thanks to the help on this thread I did do a three way call  with my TA and celebrity and did not get charged any additional money for my MIL now being a solo traveler.  If I hadn't asked on here and gone with the TA we would have lost a lot of money.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, fragilek said:

Update info- Unfortunately my mum has had to cancel and thanks to the help on this thread I did do a three way call  with my TA and celebrity and did not get charged any additional money for my MIL now being a solo traveler.  If I hadn't asked on here and gone with the TA we would have lost a lot of money.

I'm sorry about your mom, and hope she's okay. I'm glad you were able to resolve the cancellation issue (and I'd be getting a new TA or not using one at all).  Thanks for updating us, and enjoy your cruise!

On 6/27/2019 at 12:49 PM, bEwAbG said:

It's true that if one person cancels from a two-person room that it then becomes a single booking & the cruise line will expect the same fare to be paid.  I suspect the person at Celebrity is also correct: in an effort to get info on what would happen, the TA was relying solely on a website to see what would happen, but their websites are not sophisticated enough (understatement) to handle this particular situation in which the cruise line will still get the money they expect to get for the cabin.  I would certainly make your TA clarify whether or not they actually spoke to someone.  If they did, then ask them to call again with you on the line so that you can understand what they're saying.  This is not a very typical situation, so it make take the intervention of a supervisor at Celebrity.

Edited by Arzeena

The TA was probably trying to change it on the website which automatically gave them a single rate. Issues like this need to be handled over the phone to make sure they are handled correctly. Hopefully, this was a good lesson for the TA. If something doesn’t look right, call! We’ve run into issues and always called to get them straightened out.