Just booked our first!

kjbacon

We are usually Regent cruisers but have just booked our first cruise on the Silver Muse. I’m interested in learning as much as I can about everything I can and would appreciate any tips!! Am very excited to learn more about the different restaurants. I did a search for sample menus and did not find them. Does anyone have any or can point me in the right direction? What are your favorite restaurants or favorite dishes? Thanks in advance for all your help!

We did the Muse in February  - we are SS  Explorer cruisers,  we didnt think we would like the Muse  - too big for us,  but we LOVED it  !  

My husband did a full trip report here =

11 hours ago, kjbacon said:

We are usually Regent cruisers but have just booked our first cruise on the Silver Muse. I’m interested in learning as much as I can about everything I can and would appreciate any tips!! Am very excited to learn more about the different restaurants. I did a search for sample menus and did not find them. Does anyone have any or can point me in the right direction? What are your favorite restaurants or favorite dishes? Thanks in advance for all your help!

There are sample menus in my trip report from last October.

2 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

We did the Muse in February  - we are SS  Explorer cruisers,  we didnt think we would like the Muse  - too big for us,  but we LOVED it  !  

My husband did a full trip report here =

Just read every word and loved every picture, thank you. I’m all the more excited now 😀 and it’s even better that you are experienced Regent Explorer cruisers like we are.

Silver Spectre, I will look for yours next!

1 hour ago, kjbacon said:

Just read every word and loved every picture, thank you. I’m all the more excited now 😀 and it’s even better that you are experienced Regent Explorer cruisers like we are.

Silver Spectre, I will look for yours next!

kjbacon  - we have never cruised on Regent --  the  Explorer I was referring to  is the Silver Explorer  - the small  120 person Silverseas expedition ship  !!    😉

16 hours ago, kjbacon said:

have just booked our first cruise on the Silver Muse. I’m interested in learning as much as I can about everything I can and would appreciate any tips!! Am very excited to learn more about the different restaurants. I did a search for sample menus and did not find them. What are your favorite restaurants or favorite dishes? 

In less than a month, we will be boarding the Silver Muse for the first time.  Have previously done four cruises on the Silver Cloud and once on the Silver Spirit.  I will do a live/blog for this cruise from Vancouver to Alaska and will try to share more in response to your  various good questions and provide added details.  Join in during this late July live/blog with any and all questions. Love to get inquiries during our cruise and be able to be "inter-active" in responding to smart info needs.  

What Silver Muse cruise have you booked, key ports to be visited and when?

From past Silversea experiences, we have always loved La Terrazza for dinner!!  Plus that location works well and efficient on busy days for breakfast and lunch.  This new, "split" main dining room on this cruise will be an interesting "test" for us.  Silver Note worked very well for us in 2017 when sailing from Lisbon to Rouen and we plan to do that venue again on next month's Alaska cruise.  We have done the concept of La Dame twice previous, but will not do it during this cruise as time is too limited and we have other options on our priority list for sampling.  The Grill can be fun and interesting, but we have done it previously and it is not a priority for us during this shorter cruise.  Knowing the length of your upcoming cruise affects your "strategies" as to how to schedule your many, many dining options on the Silver Muse. Look forward to hearing more back from you so we can be more helpful.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 46,077 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Silver Spectre, I could not find your review 😞

We are taking the Tokyo to Vancouver May 2021 cruise that works it’s way down the coast of Alaska after stops in Japan and Eastern Russia so Terry, your review will be twice as good. I look forward to reading it and joining in. The restaurants sound great and the pictures I saw on rojaan’s review showed beautiful plating, which I love.