Briksdal Glacier bus

We are planning on catching the bus from the port in Olden over to 

Briksdal Glacier when we cruise next month...  Can anyone confirm whether they accept credit cards for payment on the bus?  We have a chip card with no PIN (chip & signature), if that matters.  I tried emailing through the website, and haven’t gotten a response.  Thank you!

Which bus?

In fact two bus options -  Glacier Express Shuttle Bus  - and the Public Glacier Bus Stryn, timetable for the public bus 751 from Stryn via Olden To Briksdal

For the Glacier Express Bus I’ll recommend to book tickets at the web in the link above. 

For the public bus you can purchase tickets in the bus using credit card - do not know if chip/signature will work but would expect that signature card can be used.  - try to ask here kringom@sfj.no (bus operated for public bus).

However, regarding Credit Card I will strongly recommend a chip/pin card - accepted everywhere while signature card cannot be used at all terminals. 

With a chip/pin CC you’ll not need cash at all in Norway.

Thank you for the information!  We plan on taking the public bus, so I will try the email you provided.

We are from America, and true chip and PIN cards are uncommon here - not very many banks issue them...  So unfortunately, we don’t have one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 8:56 AM, Tinytinkmom said:

Thank you for the information!  We plan on taking the public bus, so I will try the email you provided.

We are from America, and true chip and PIN cards are uncommon here - not very many banks issue them...  So unfortunately, we don’t have one.

Hi- we are from the states as well... we made sure that we had our 4 digit pin before we left for our credit card... you just have to set that up with the card company.

Really helpful.

• Thanks 1