NY Port

moeferg

Port information: www.NYcruise.com

New York Manhattan Cruise Terminal Pier 88/90/92

711 12th Avenue at 55th Street

New York City, New York 10019

Parking at the port: On-site Parking is open, and porters for checked luggage are available by 9:00am. Check out no later than 1:00pm or you will be charged an additional day. They do not accept reservations. Space is subject to availability and is provided to passengers parking on a first come, first serve basis. Returning ships arrive between 7:00am–8:00am, and passengers who have parked at the terminal are often finished with customs and off the lot by 10:00am–10:30am, freeing up parking spaces. (Remember your shio may not be the only ship at those piers that day, and the pier uses the 1 rooftop parking area as the primary for all piers there.) There is an 8’3″ height restriction for all personal vehicles. There is no upcharge for sport utility vehicles.

Parking Rates:

Same Day rate (10 hours or less) $35.00

Cruise length parking: $40.00/per night to a max of $400/vehicle

Taxes are included in the rates.  Payment accepted by cash and Visa and MasterCard Credit Cards, and is due upon arrival. If you have any further questions, please call 212-641-4440, Monday through Friday, 8:30am–5:30pm.

Edited by maryred

8 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

711 12th Ave, New York, NY 10019

Off of 51st street

The 711 12th Ave. address will not give you proper directions to drive to the port because the motor vehicle entrance to the port is actually at 12th Ave and 55th St.

edit...I see the previous poster already said that.

Edited by njhorseman

54 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The 711 12th Ave. address will not give you proper directions to drive to the port because the motor vehicle entrance to the port is actually at 12th Ave and 55th St.

edit...I see the previous poster already said that.

Yes, but the actual terminal is at 12th and 51st streets. My mistake, I was assuming the person was being dropped off by another person. 

3 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Yes, but the actual terminal is at 12th and 51st streets. My mistake, I was assuming the person was being dropped off by another person. 

No, 711 12th Ave is the street address for port offices, but there is no pedestrian entrance to the piers at 12th Ave. and 51st. St.

For anyone being dropped off on the street and walking into Pier 88, they should be dropped at 12th (northbound side) and W 48th, which is where the pedestrian entrance for that pier is located.

For Pier 90 the entrance is at 12th and 50th. 

For Pier 92 12th and 52nd.

In all cases the pedestrian passenger will have to cross 12th Ave to enter the cruise piers.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

Are you referring to Pier 90 or Pier 88? 

Not Pier 88, Pier 90, nor Pier 92. My previous post states where the entrances are. I'll repeat it again here:

For anyone being dropped off on the street and walking into Pier 88, they should be dropped at 12th (northbound side) and W 48th, which is where the pedestrian entrance for that pier is located.

In all cases the pedestrian passenger will have to cross 12th Ave to enter the cruise piers.

2 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Not Pier 88, Pier 90, nor Pier 92. My previous post states where the entrances are. I'll repeat it again here:

Oh okay. 

Just to reaffirm what's been said/noted, vehicle entrance ramp (and, there is only one) to the upper level, dropoff - is at W. 55th Street on 12th Avenue.  IMHO, best way to be dropped off - driven straight up the ramp & direct, on the southbound direction (i.e. from the G.W. Bridge).  Making a left turn from the northbound side of 12th Avenue (3 lanes each direction) is often congested on ship days. 

Once up on the long & straight ramp, it's Pier 92, then Pier 90 and finally Pier 88.  Absolutely no stopping on 12th Avenue at street level on southbound side.  

Google/Waze navigation only (Garmin GPS ??)  - you can input/also use 35 Hudson River Greenway, New York NY 10036 (good for Pier 92, 90 and 88)  ... Follow NY-9A S/Henry Hudson Pkwy. Take the Ship Terminal exit from NY-9A S/Henry Hudson Pkwy.  

MCT Pier 88 - West Side Hwy Rt. 9A - Ship Terminal.jpg

IMG180428_102314.jpg

IMG180428_102345.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So, this may be a silly/naive question but if I take a taxi from my hotel in midtown what do I need to tell the driver (will they know?) to get to the pier for a Carnival cruise?  I am solo with luggage and would rather take a taxi than public transport.

Thanks,

27 minutes ago, GMRPHRN said:

So, this may be a silly/naive question but if I take a taxi from my hotel in midtown what do I need to tell the driver (will they know?) to get to the pier for a Carnival cruise?  I am solo with luggage and would rather take a taxi than public transport.

Thanks,

They should know but I’d write the address on a slip of paper just in case they use GPS. Uber and Lyft will definitely be using GPS

1 hour ago, 1bets1 said:

How do I know what pier I want? NCL Escape. And are you saying my car service will be dropping me off across the street? 

The Escape will be docked at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal,  Pier 88 .

Your car service will take you directly to the pier's entrance, not across the street. It's when you disembark that your car service will likely pick you up across the street.

42 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The Escape will be docked at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal,  Pier 88 .

Your car service will take you directly to the pier's entrance, not across the street. It's when you disembark that your car service will likely pick you up across the street.

Thanks a lot. It's my first time sailing from NY. I've always gone out of Bayonne, which is super easy to get dropped off and picked up at.