Edge Sunset Verandas~Loungers?

mafig

Are there loungers on the Sunset Verandas on Edge?  

I've read here that footstools have disappeared.  Those balconies are a very nice size, I hope there's just not two tiny chairs and a tiny table out there.😦

We hope there will be  one lounger,  preferably 2...

The large  verandas will look quite sparse with just 2 dinky chairs and mini table...

These are the best balcs on EDGE,  and deserve  good furniture for outdoor enjoyment!

This picture of the aft during a cruise shows a few SV's with loungers (7312, 10276). Someone also reported that 8323 had a lounger on her cruise in 8314 next door. I imagine some have requested them and received them. I have 7315 and 7312 booked on Apex and Edge cruises - since they are the biggest SV balconies so have plenty of room, I plan to ask for a lounger or two. I won't count on it, but hope they will come through. 🙂 Otherwise, we will deal with the 2 chairs and small table.

1226449156_EdgeAftcabinslabeled.thumb.jpg.a8fb27be4795d8254c00796435988955.jpg

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

We’re on the Apex next May and have three SVs, am definitely going to request for loungers, hopefully we’ll get at least a couple...😉

Edited by prish

Just now, prish said:

We’re on the Apex next May and have three SVs, am definitely going to request for loungers, hopefully we’ll get at least a couple...😉

I'll let you know if we succeed on April 5th!  🙂

We  have 7312 booked for Nov.  AbC  Island cruise.  Hope the loungers are still there! We are  counting on that aft view  balc to be  our own pvt retreat!

We have 9312 booked on APEX..not as big a balc as 7312 but  a lounger would work there as well!

• Like 1

Thank you everyone.

I'll be on the lookout for more feedback on these balconies.  

Which deck is best?

Which balconies are larger?

and

Are loungers there already, do they have to be requested?  is the request approved?

17 minutes ago, mafig said:

Thank you everyone.

I'll be on the lookout for more feedback on these balconies.  

Which deck is best?

Which balconies are larger?

and

Are loungers there already, do they have to be requested?  is the request approved?

The two center SV's on Decks 7 and 8 are the largest, with the 2 center ones on 9 a bit larger than average. The smaller balconies are 7310, 7313, 8312, 8321,with 9309 and 9310 a tiny bit smaller. The rest are average, but very nice-sized. You can see in the picture above, with the flared out fire wall on either side of center cabins, that the balconies on either side of the 2 center cabins on 7 and 8 have 2 chairs close together compared to the spaced out furniture on the 2 center balconies (and compared to the average size balconies on the other side) .

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

thanks, VTcruising.

I wrote your info. down so I can refer back to it when I'm ready to book.  Hopefully, some nice furniture will be on those balconies.  It'll look ridiculous being on that nice, large balcony and having only two small chairs.

3 hours ago, mafig said:

thanks, VTcruising.

I wrote your info. down so I can refer back to it when I'm ready to book.  Hopefully, some nice furniture will be on those balconies.  It'll look ridiculous being on that nice, large balcony and having only two small chairs.

Agree!! Maybe we all should bring our Kelly Hoppen pillows out there and make a comfy sunbed. 😉

• Like 1

We will ask for one in August and see what happens ………………….. deck 11270 --- as there is enough room

I would also like a decent table but that may take another 12 months of people complaining I am guessing

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We will ask for one in August and see what happens ………………….. deck 11270 --- as there is enough room

I would also like a decent table but that may take another 12 months of people complaining I am guessing

Let me know how that goes as we’re in 11270 next March

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the OP and was doing some research today.

Reading the Edge reviews from those who had booked the SV balconies.

Most all praised the size of the balcony, but, unfortunately, just one poster commented on the furniture.  And as I said, unfortunately, they complained that they were stuck with two small chairs and a small table.

So those of you who have these SVs booked in the (near) future, please come back and tell us if you had some loungers already there or were perhaps successful in requesting one or more.  😊

8 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

I have that one booked on Apex. Fingers crossed. 

Me too! I am booked for the Inaugural and have the other large balcony next door (7312) and have 7315 for another cruise. One has bed by balcony and other by the bath so I will see which I like better in this type of cabin. I will be asking for loungers on the Inaugural cruise if they are not there. Let's hope....

• Like 1

Hi Vt cruiser

Is  EDGE 7312  bed by bath or balc,?

Room seems spacious but  if there is no lounger bed by balc door  seems more useful???

What about APEX 9312.?

I assume it will be the same as 7312.

Want loungers for both...otherwise the  lg balc is wasted space!

59 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hi Vt cruiser

Is  EDGE 7312  bed by bath or balc,?

Room seems spacious but  if there is no lounger bed by balc door  seems more useful???

What about APEX 9312.?

I assume it will be the same as 7312.

Want loungers for both...otherwise the  lg balc is wasted space!

Yes, those are both bed by balcony. 

9 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, those are both bed by balcony. 

Thanks for letting me know.

. We never wanted those layouts previously but after having one on EDGE we decided it is very workable . More room in the main area and closer to the veranda/balcony water  view from the bed.

I usually  take the  side closest to the bathroom,  and keep my mini flashlight on the nightstand, just  in case .

..Hope closet access is easy ..cannot remember too many details from  the cabin crawl.

27 minutes ago, hcat said:

. We never wanted those layouts previously but after having one on EDGE we decided it is very workable . More room in the main area and closer to the veranda/balcony water  view from the bed.

I usually  take the  side closest to the bathroom,  and keep my mini flashlight on the nightstand, just  in case .

..Hope closet access is easy ..cannot remember too many details from  the cabin crawl.

I am also a fan of those mini flashlights, as they sure do come in handy!  My SV cruise is not until next May and I am doing that with a girlfriend.  We will have two loungers for sure, one way or another!  Our beds will be by the balcony...

Edited by Lastdance

13 hours ago, hcat said:

This is a virtual tour of SV with bed by closet. It looks like the closet may not be too close to the bed - hopefully not -  the length of the living area being longer. I think both set ups have advantages, but not sure which we will like the best. 🙂

http://thecelebritycommitment.com/360/EDGE/Sunset_Veranda/Sunset_Veranda.html

Thanks for finding and posting this...We will be happy either way. Cabin has more space than the standard...and  7312 has a large balcony for the lounger(s)😎

We never had an aft facing cabin.  The view should be amazing.,,sunrise, sunset, all day.!  Hope for some shade as the position of the ship changes.  Hope there is an outdoor light...might have missed seeing that in the virtual tour..

Some things that we expect  will be different include feeling ship movement  more than  at midships.  Hope no ash on balcony...and of course a longer walk to the elevators..good exercise!