Pendray Mansion Tea, Victoria

In Victoria from 0700-1400. Have been to Empress and Buchart for high tea,( wife likes it,I can't figure out the little sandwich thing), has anyone gone here. Princess excursion $114.00pp which gives short city tour, then tea. Ala Carte Afternoon High Tea,  C$56.00pp. Tour gives you option to "stroll back,approx 20 mins", so a walk to and from sounds good.

I haven't had tea there, but of all things, I used to work there many years ago in my late teen years. It was, surprisingly, a "haunted mansion" back then and sold as a tourist attraction. They have really cleaned up the area and now it looks so much better. 😊

Having said that, you've obviously been to Victoria several times and  I'll ask if you are really interested in a city tour?  You can certainly take a cab for less than $10.00 each way (we do not have Uber in British Columbia yet), or it is a flat walk, about 25 minutes. The price is $56.00 pp and that does not include 5% tax, or gratuity. Potentially, you are looking at approximately $135.00 for tea for two without the Princess excursion. On your own, it definitely costs less and it is absolutely an easy DIY destination.

If she has her heart set on it, I would not do the ship's tour - way too much money, in my opinion.

Have fun. 🙂

• 3 months later...

When we were in Victoria  we went to tea at Point Ellice House. We toured the museum before tea. It was a beautiful spring day so they served tea on the lawn. The gardens were so  beautiful and  , right next to the  Gorge Waterway.   The Victoria Harbour Ferry & Water Taxi stops at Point Ellice House. There were four ladies. We loved the afternoon, so special. 

On 6/29/2019 at 11:54 AM, Yehootu said:

In Victoria from 0700-1400. Have been to Empress and Buchart for high tea,( wife likes it,I can't figure out the little sandwich thing), has anyone gone here. Princess excursion $114.00pp which gives short city tour, then tea. Ala Carte Afternoon High Tea,  C$56.00pp. Tour gives you option to "stroll back,approx 20 mins", so a walk to and from sounds good.

if you're looking to avoid the the tourist crowds, pt Ellice is a nice alternative.  Especially if you can get there on the harbour ferry.

Pendray Mansion is however, a dead easy (10-15 min) walk from the dock. It's a house that for many years was a fancy restaurant called "Captain's Palace".

2 hours ago, scottbee said:

if you're looking to avoid the the tourist crowds, pt Ellice is a nice alternative.  Especially if you can get there on the harbour ferry.

Pendray Mansion is however, a dead easy (10-15 min) walk from the dock. It's a house that for many years was a fancy restaurant called "Captain's Palace".

Was there in July and Victoria was actually the coldest place on our cruise. Went to the small restraunt where the year before we had celebrated Moms 94th and last Bday. 974570790_ScreenShot2019-10-23at11_42_56AM.png.b524cae7e908d71c041e36269e3fbc54.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scottbee said:

Pendray Mansion is... a house that for many years was a fancy restaurant called "Captain's Palace".

Thank you, Scott - I stand corrected from my earlier post. I worked on the same property/block as the Pendray Tea House (not the same building) and it was, indeed, the Captain's Palace back then. I worked in what is now called Judge House (or Judge's House) which back in the 80's was sold as a haunted house tourist attraction. To my knowledge, the Captain's Palace/Pendray Tea House was not said to be haunted. 😉 Just wanted to clear that up and not spread read false information about a business. 👍