Allure post-October 2019 itineraries with azipod issue

9 minutes ago, RW_MI said:

Just got an email with our itinerary change.  Nassau being substituted for Roatan and Costa Maya time shortened by a few hours.

We would be really disappointed to have Costa Maya shortened.  That would probably have cancelled our day at Maya Chan.

• Like 2

I'm happy that they've at least offered to refund any amounts paid since I'm going to cancel or possibly rebook on something else (on hold with RCI at the moment).  

Edited by RW_MI

16 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Also just got an email for Dec. 8, 2019. San Juan (7 am to 1 pm) instead of St. Kitts. Have until Aug. 8 to decide whether to cancel for full refund, rebook or keep.

We are on this cruise as well, and just got the e-mail. Talking with the wife about booking a different cruise now. St. Kitts was our main destination. I'm just really wondering how much of a speed/pod issue it is, vs the political issues RC has been protesting about.

We are on Dec 29 New Years Holiday Cruise.  Going to Nassau instead of Rotan, and flip flopped port days with cruise days.  Happy to be going, but not happy to be in Nassau on New Years Eve. 

We were on Freedom a couple of years ago with same "pod" issue and we stayed the night in Nassau, a semi brought in new equipment and divers replaced it over night.

49 minutes ago, Blackthorne said:

Also just received an email. Nov 10 sailing switching St. Kitts for San Juan. Extra time in St. Thomas. Full refund or change up to August 8.

We are on that sailing, no email yet as will go to our TA first. Would you mind telling me the new port times. Thank you

edited to say thanks, found it - they've already updated the RC website cruise planner

Edited by Bobal

I just received this regarding my 8 Dec Oasis itinerary.  It mentions Allure but doesn't state specifically what itinerary changes.

Dear Guest,

We're really looking forward to welcoming you onboard Oasis of the Seas and wanted to share some itinerary changes with you.

Our sister ship, Allure of the Seas, has a technical limitation which lowers her maximum speed. Over the past few weeks, we've been working feverishly to find alternate ports for Allure's sailings. Now you're probably wondering, "what does this have to do with my cruise?" Well, since we had to change Allure's itineraries, some ports will now have more ships than originally planned. So, to ensure you have a wonderful time in each destination with less crowding, we've rearranged the order we'll visit each port. The good news – you'll have additional time to enjoy each one! Oh yeah!

Overall, we've had to make changes to 30+ itineraries and yours is one of them. (Talk about "ship" happening!) Below, please find our new itinerary for December 8, 2019 on Oasis of the Seas.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Miami, Florida

4:30 PM

Mon

Cruising

Tue

Labadee, Haiti

7:00 AM

4:00 PM

Wed

San Juan, Puerto Rico

1:00 PM

9:30 PM

Thu

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

8:00 AM

6:00 PM

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Cruising

Sun

Miami, Florida

6:00 AM

21 minutes ago, normannna said:

I just received this regarding my 8 Dec Oasis itinerary.  It mentions Allure but doesn't state specifically what itinerary changes.

Dear Guest,

We're really looking forward to welcoming you onboard Oasis of the Seas and wanted to share some itinerary changes with you.

Our sister ship, Allure of the Seas, has a technical limitation which lowers her maximum speed. Over the past few weeks, we've been working feverishly to find alternate ports for Allure's sailings. Now you're probably wondering, "what does this have to do with my cruise?" Well, since we had to change Allure's itineraries, some ports will now have more ships than originally planned. So, to ensure you have a wonderful time in each destination with less crowding, we've rearranged the order we'll visit each port. The good news – you'll have additional time to enjoy each one! Oh yeah!

Overall, we've had to make changes to 30+ itineraries and yours is one of them. (Talk about "ship" happening!) Below, please find our new itinerary for December 8, 2019 on Oasis of the Seas.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Miami, Florida

Mon

Cruising

Tue

Labadee, Haiti

Wed

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Thu

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Cruising

Sun

Miami, Florida

One azipod, many headaches.

I also got the e-mail for our Nov10th sailing. We were happy to rebook with no penalty. I was worried at some point the ship would miss a sailing and "TAG" we're it. It happened to us a few years back on Carnival. The agent said the lines were very busy with people either canceling or rebooking. We booked on the Harmony on Sept29th. I hope no one gets left on the dock for their vacation! Best to all!

30 minutes ago, teaysvalley said:

Wow!  At least you guys got a choice of a full refund.  Those before November didn't get that.

We can confirm what you said.

We had no option for our September cruise on the Allure when they changed our schedule.

27 minutes ago, 996turbos said:

I also got the e-mail for our Nov10th sailing. We were happy to rebook with no penalty. I was worried at some point the ship would miss a sailing and "TAG" we're it. It happened to us a few years back on Carnival. The agent said the lines were very busy with people either canceling or rebooking. We booked on the Harmony on Sept29th. I hope no one gets left on the dock for their vacation! Best to all!

Did they honor the same price that you were originally paying on the Allure.. or did you have to pay the difference?.. just curious

2 hours ago, normannna said:

Dear Guest,

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Miami, Florida

Mon

Cruising

Tue

Labadee, Haiti

Wed

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Thu

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Cruising

Sun

Miami, Florida

I'm on the same cruise!  I don't like that the back to back sea days were changed from the first two days to the last two, but otherwise it looks good.  I actually like the change to San Juan, instead of being a morning stop 7am - 3pm it's 1pm - 9:30pm, better time to find somewhere for dinner and grab some mojitos.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 5:23 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I notice they've reduced the benefit quite a bit from when I last purchased a coverage plan on 5/30/2019 from my prior purchase on 5/3/2019...

The maximum for an itinerary change before sailing used to be $1,250 on Nationwide's Luxury Cruise plan. It's now down to $500. And the 2 lesser plans are similar reduced to $250 or $100.

18 minutes ago, dswallow said:

The maximum for an itinerary change before sailing used to be $1,250 on Nationwide's Luxury Cruise plan. It's now down to $500. And the 2 lesser plans are similar reduced to $250 or $100.

Maybe because of all the itinerary changes recently.

12 hours ago, Blackthorne said:

Also just received an email. Nov 10 sailing switching St. Kitts for San Juan. Extra time in St. Thomas. Full refund or change up to August 8.

Yep, We just got the email this morning. We are on this sailing. With as short a time we have in San Juan, we most likely will just stay on the ship. Having to back on by noon doesn't leave much time for much. Kind of bummed.... looking forward to the train ride we had booked in St Kitts

14 hours ago, anewell28 said:

Nov 24 sailing on Allure, just notified that St Thomas was changed to San Juan

We are on this sailing as well. We haven't received an email yet since we booked through TA. Can you tell me Port hours for San Juan?

Our TA informed us yesterday about Roatan being cancelled. That was the main reason we chose this trip so we are switching to an Oceania (really good deal when you start adding up all the extras on Royal) leaving a day earlier. We had already bought air so wanted to stick to that same weekend. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

Did they honor the same price that you were originally paying on the Allure.. or did you have to pay the difference?.. just curious

No we had to pay whatever the current rate was on HOS but they waived the nonrefundable deposit fee. That said, my dd and her family saved $50.00, I paid $75.00 more, and my son who used a travel agent saved the most at $400.00.  So prices are mostly the same.