Thermal suite

Bhop

Is the thermal suite a good value? When we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam there were no assigned times. It looks like the Nieuw Statendam is requiring us to pick a time now during pre-booking. Does anyone have experience with this? Thank you!

There are no set times. You can go any time that they are open, as many times as you want. The times on the web site are an error, they copied the restaurant reservation site. Just select a time to make your purchase.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bhop said:

Is the thermal suite a good value? When we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam there were no assigned times. It looks like the Nieuw Statendam is requiring us to pick a time now during pre-booking. Does anyone have experience with this? Thank you!

There is no assigned time to go.  It is just the software to book.  I think they use the same software to reserve speciality dining.  

I was on the Eurodam in May. For a 7 day cruise to pre-book it was $139 for a single.  I can’t remember what a couples pass was.  

When I boarded the cost was $169.00. The price went up.

I used the pass every day at different times.  

• Thanks 1

Purchased the Thermal Suite for myself (DW didn’t want it) and used it only a few times on our 28day French Poly Cruise. Spa wasn’t ever that busy but we were on a cruise headed into warm waters so I would take some of that into consideration, however I have been on some cruises where it was packed.

During 14 day transatlantic with 9 sea days it was never overcrowded. I was always able to get a ceramic lounger and the most people ever in the thalassic pool was 7-8 but usually less. My time of day varies from morning to afternoon to night and I used it every day.

8 hours ago, jwh said:

Just wondering....if so many people buy the pass online.. does the thermal spa get crowded to the point there are no beds or space available?

I'm not sure of the exact # but there is a capacity control - ie only so many passes are supposedly sold.

That said each cruise is different as far as usage patterns, and there will be "peak" times where getting a heated tile lounger will be harder, and I'm even seen the chair hogs morph into tile lounger hogs on occasion ..... and then there are those who think the spa is their cabin and will camp out all day and sleep on the tile loungers for hours, though how their back cannot be sore is beyond me as those things are not that comfortable.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

We have used the thermal suite on many cruises.   I have never seen it discounted and we usually book it on the day we board the ship.  I have not seen it cheaper online before sailing, but maybe that happens.  the only time I have seen the thermal suite crowded was once on our March Koningsdam cruise when there were a total of 8 people in the thermal pool. After 10 minutes there were only 4 people.  

20 hours ago, Bhop said:

Is the thermal suite a good value? 

DW & I have found that we are far less interested in the thermal suite in warm-weather cruises (e.g., Caribbean or Mexico). For colder-weather itineraries (e.g., Alaska or Northern Europe) I make thorough and frequent use of both the hydrothalassa (sp?) pool and the ceramic loungers. DW is less keen on it but does avail herself from time to time.

The Thermal Suite and the Hydrotherapy Pool on the Pinnacle, Signature, and Vista Class ships are worth every penny spent in my opinion.  On the older Classes of ships:  save your money.  I have tried that, done that, and won't be doing it again.

Booking the Greenhouse Spa's amenity on embarkation day has never been a problem and often provides a discounted price.

HAL has a website programming problem with the schedule times.  They are aware of it and said pass applies to you whenever thermal spa and rooms are open.  Also, yes they limit the number of passes sold for the week so I'm told.

1 hour ago, 2LoveBikes said:

They are aware of it and said pass applies to you whenever thermal spa and rooms are open.  Also, yes they limit the number of passes sold for the week so I'm told.

Yet, their IT expert cannot fix it?  And this person is still employed?  

I have yet to see a limit to the number of passes for the week sold.  The key is to book the Greenhouse Spa's amenity ON THE DAY OF EMBARKATION.  And, if it is your priority, do it before you "feed your face" in whatever venue to choose to do.

Edited by rkacruiser

I booked on the first day last summer while sailing on Oosterdam in the Med.  The price on embarkation day was cheaper than booking online prior.  We used the thermal suite nearly every day of this port intensive cruise!  Enjoying the "bubbles" as we called it after a day of exploration, was terrific and just what we needed.  I actually fell asleep more than once in the thermal chairs.  After an hour, we'd get ready for dinner and be relaxed for the evening.  It never seemed crowded, but sometimes there was a bit of a wait for the chairs.  Sauna's were almost always empty and the pool rarely had more than 5 people max in it at a time.  Maybe we timed it perfectly...  I'd do it again, absolutely.  

Edited by akke29

21 hours ago, GrammieK said:

I have always booked the thermal suite before the cruise. On two occasions, the price was cheaper when I boarded and both times the spa manager adjusted it for me. Easy peasy!

That is good to know since I have already booked mine for my Oosterdam trip a month from tomorrow!!!!!  Yippeeeeeeee!  I can hardly wait.

I think the Thermal Suite is great.  I’ve never really seen it over crowded on Eurodam, Koningsdam or Nieuw Statendam.  I almost always get a 7 day pass.  You need to use it every day I think to get the value.  I love going off to a quiet pampering environment.  However,  my next cruise is on the Nieuw Statendam in September traveling to Norway.  This a very busy super scenic cruise with early morning arrivals, etc.  In several ports you sail slowly through the fjords coming and going, so I am not sure there will be enough time to use it.   However,  I really do enjoy it may get the pass anyway. Even if you do not do the thermal suite you can always use the gender separated saunas on the same level as the spa on the Lido Deck on the Pinnacle Class ships.  I believe all HAL ships have these saunas and dew people know this it seems.  On the Pinnacle Class ships these saunas have huge floor to ceiling windows looking out to the sea. Stunning!

Edited by MeandtheSea

we recently did the thermal suite on the Nieuw Amsterdam.They do ask for a time on the booking , but we were able to go anytime that we wished. In Our opinion it was well worth it. Hope you get it and hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

• 2 years later...

Looking at the Navigator App, I see that the Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool 14 day (our cruise will be 24 days), shows the price and to the right of the price it shows "Duration 15 minutes".  Does that mean we can only use it 14 times at 15 minutes each time?  Thanks in advance for your help!  Note:  I can't find the availability for this using the HAL website anywhere (possibly sold out??).  Cruise isn't until August 2022.

the ability to pre-book the thermal suite online/app was piggybacked off the dining reservations system.  When you buy a pass it will require you to select a time/date (like dining) and they have just input a default duration to satisfy the limits of the reservation system.  In reality the pass is for the full duration of your sailing and can be used anytime, for as long as you like, during the thermal suites operating hours.

On 6/30/2019 at 9:49 PM, rkacruiser said:

I have yet to see a limit to the number of passes for the week sold. 

There is definitely a limit.  When I went to inquire on the Westerdam, the spa person told me how many spots were left and I could see that her list had only so many spaces. Did use it on that cruise and it was never crowded.

• Thanks 1