Cruise Critic Community
patches05

Remy reservation

We will be on the Dream in June 2020, for a 5 night cruise. This is our first Disney cruise. My husband and I really would like to get reservations at Remy for dinner. Should we aim for the last night so that we can experience all 3 dining rooms plus the pirate party? Our son will be 5 when we cruise, and I thought he'd go to the kids' club when we're at Remy. When can we book the Remy dinner? Is it difficult to get? This is the one thing that I really want to do.  :) 

1 hour ago, patches05 said:

We will be on the Dream in June 2020, for a 5 night cruise. This is our first Disney cruise. My husband and I really would like to get reservations at Remy for dinner. Should we aim for the last night so that we can experience all 3 dining rooms plus the pirate party? Our son will be 5 when we cruise, and I thought he'd go to the kids' club when we're at Remy. When can we book the Remy dinner? Is it difficult to get? This is the one thing that I really want to do.  :) 

As first time DCL cruisers, your booking window opens 75 days out from the cruise.  You certainly can try for the last night, but be flexible.  

I'll also point out the last night is, typically, when the gratuities are handed out.  Although, it's not totally necessary for you to do so, as with the auto paid gratuities your dining room servers will still get them, even if you don't hand them the coupon.

We just got back from our first Disney cruise on the Fantasy last month. I had no problem booking online Remy,  on our second night and then on the ship for our last night at the last moment, but then my sailing was also 7 days. The problem I had was getting Palo for brunch. One night I couldn't sleep, went online around 3 am and scored a reservation for Palo Brunch. I will say that I myself was somewhat disappointed in the main dining restaurants and the service ( I know that is sacrilegious among us Disney fans). I'm glad we experienced Remy twice, Palo for brunch, and Palo for dinner once. 

I've never had  a problem getting a Remy reservation, even if we didn't decide until we were on board.  I suspect it doesn't fill up because it is expensive.
As to dining in the MDRs, we've had great experiences and far less good experiences.  We've found the MDRs to be much better on the "classic" ships, in part because the dining rooms are far less crowded. If there is a problem with your MDR experience, speak to the head server. Adult only dining is a major step up!  Another option is eating dinner at Cabanas (if they are still doing this).  It is a casual, no reservation needed restaurant at dinner, but is not available on the first or last nights.  Both the food and the service was better than our usual MDR experience, probably because the food is cooked when you order rather than being mass produced.