Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

2 hours ago, SaltyButSweet said:

I booked it for my Oasis cruise in August 2020 for me and husband!! He’s so excited. We always get the soda package and only buy a couple alcoholic drinks because it’s so expensive. 

68F834D7-AA95-4B37-BF04-7EB6B8874657.gif

LOL I was going to use the IKEA reference but was afraid there would be crickets... glad somebody gets it 🙂

I don’t need this package, but I jumped on it anyway just to follow the drama.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Saw the special and tried to place the order. They wouldn’t process our order. I think we just got BSed by a Royal supervisor who stated that previous orders would be canceled and monies returned.

Hope Royal honors those who were able to purchase.

6 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Just saw this on FB. 508DDFA8-EE0A-4C03-ABFA-C180616AFBE7.thumb.jpeg.ce6acaa1698449900b746e6b31a1e018.jpeg

According to this new social media post from Royal Caribbean, all package purchases will be cancelled. So I am a little sad!

Just now, sandebeach said:

According to this new social media post from Royal Caribbean, all package purchases will be cancelled. So I am a little sad!

Same if they do it.  They really have a chance here to do a solid for those that purchased this package.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tekguy26 said:

LOL I was going to use the IKEA reference but was afraid there would be crickets... glad somebody gets it 🙂

I don’t need this package, but I jumped on it anyway just to follow the drama.

So funny as I was furiously going thru our 10+ booked cruises booking this special, my DH kept throwing me off my task by doing the START THE CAR routine.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

Can you imagine the furor that is going on behind the scenes at RCCL IT department? Lol! The supervisors are going "FIX IT! FIX IT NOW!" Keyboards are clacking away. Everyone chewing on Rolaids... 

All they had to do is take down the website briefly.

They didn't.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

All they had to do is take down the website briefly.

They didn't.

^^^^^

That they didn't take the site down and let people keep booking is horrible.  They should honor the deal.  Certainly sends a negative message to their customers.

• Like 1

To good to be true!

Beware: if you find a too-good-to-be-true  prices  Booking it is a gamble. There are no current laws or regulations that compels a company to honor these pricing mistakes. Please read your cruise contract. Errors and mistakes are not honored especially on Alcohol. Sorry but it is stated in the cruise contract and website that they can correct, updated and change anything without notice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, funz69 said:

To good to be true!

Beware: if you find a too-good-to-be-true  prices  Booking it is a gamble. There are no current laws or regulations that compels a company to honor these pricing mistakes. Please read your cruise contract. Errors and mistakes are not honored especially on Alcohol. Sorry but it is stated in the cruise contract and website that they can correct, updated and change anything without notice. 

I don't think anybody thinks that it can't be corrected, but I disagree with the comment that booking is a "gamble". If you book it either they honor it, in which case you get a great deal, or they refund it, in which case you are out nothing.

Basically you have everything to gain and nothing to lose

• Like 1

5 hours ago, celoplyr said:

I found a phenomenally good deal on the unlimited beverage package for my sailing next June.  

Any chance that they'll call it an "error in pricing" and take it away from me?  Has this every happened before? I did get a confirmation email with it in it.  I booked for my whole party.

And because I know you'll ask, it was $18/day for the unlimited beverage package that included alcohol.

Cool cruiser,

Do you have the ability to edit the title of this thread? The word mistake could be a red flag for them. Thanks for posting about. Unfortunately, The fact that I paid my deposit today isn't showing up and I am unable to take advantage.

Doubt it's an IT issue.  More likely a summer intern in marketing or revenue management who got Refreshment and DX confused.  

Someone's having a bad night.  Poor kid, might be the end of their internship.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beav1279 said:

No. I'm in Alaska for June 2020 and I got the deal.

Not showing on my Alaska booking for July :( Maybe because we have never cruised with RC (although I have a Crown and Anchor number)

Screenshots with the price showing at $18/day are all over social media, and there are roughly 1,000 comments on multiple FB Cruise pages. If Royal cancels all package purchases as they said they will do, they will get blasted on social media.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

I don't think anybody thinks that it can't be corrected, but I disagree with the comment that booking is a "gamble". If you book it either they honor it, in which case you get a great deal, or they refund it, in which case you are out nothing.

Basically you have everything to gain and nothing to lose

To good to be true!

Beware: if you find a too-good-to-be-true  price. Just note, There are no current laws or regulations that compels a company to honor the pricing mistakes. Please read your cruise contract. Errors and mistakes are not honored  on cruise lines websites. Sorry but it is stated in the cruise contract and website that they can correct, updated and change anything without notice. 

Some cruisers will have a hard time not understanding why the cruise line will not honor the pricing error.  It works totally different with cruise lines. 

I wish you the best! 

I don’t care if RC chooses to cancel the pkg I booked hours ago. But shame on them for allowing it to continue on this long if they have no intention of honoring the reduced price... my cruise planner is STILL showing the $18 rate. 

• Like 5