Mariner Magazine

sail7seas

I haven't  received  a   Mariner Magazine in a  very long  time.   . 

Have you gotten a recent edition?

Maybe they eliminated it,  ???

I won't  bother calling Mariner society   to inquire   unless no one has gotten one

sail.noordam@gmail.com

The last one I received was 28 December 2018, and before that July 2018 unless I deleted one but I don't think so. Looking in my email, I seem to get "winter" and "summer" editions. I might get print editions in the other seasons as I do seem to recall getting them in print too.

I

26 minutes ago, syesmar said:

Here’s a Thread from last summer.  I agree you should call the Mariner Society.

I used to receive a paper copy in the mail but it has been a very  long time.

If I  call Mariners, I'll omment here as to what I am told.

26 minutes ago, syesmar said:

3 hours ago, sail7seas said:

I haven't  received  a   Mariner Magazine in a  very long  time.   . 

Have you gotten a recent edition?

Maybe they eliminated it,  ???

I won't  bother calling Mariner society   to inquire   unless no one has gotten one

sail.noordam@gmail.com

I have been getting Mariner magazine by snail mail, waiting for the most recent issue .

I recommend to call Mariner Society, they are so helpful and pleasant - and will check into it for you, perhaps your name somehow was bumped from the mailing list?  

The current issue on the HAL website is Fall & Winter 2018. You don't have to log in to get it: from the home page click Already Booked > Mariner Society, then scroll down.

https://digital.cenveomobile.com/view/holland-america/mariner/hal-mariner-fall-winter-2018-hal16548

Once you see it, you can download a PDF copy to your device (down arrow at the top right).

The decreased frequency looks like another penny-pinching change, although I like being able to get a digital copy rather than a paper one.

40 minutes ago, kwb101 said:

The current issue on the HAL website is Fall & Winter 2018. You don't have to log in to get it: from the home page click Already Booked > Mariner Society, then scroll down.

https://digital.cenveomobile.com/view/holland-america/mariner/hal-mariner-fall-winter-2018-hal16548

Once you see it, you can download a PDF copy to your device (down arrow at the top right).

The decreased frequency looks like another penny-pinching change, although I like being able to get a digital copy rather than a paper one.

FALL  and WInter 2018 ?

Thank you anyway.

A time wharp?

Edited by sail7seas

Not sure when my last Mariner Magazine arrived.  Even though I have registered with HAL to receive "stuff", I get little.  Princess and Carnival sends me more than HAL.  And, please, Oceania and Regent: STOP YOUR MAILINGS to me!  More days of the week than not, I get brochures from both of these companies; have never sailed on them and really have little interest in doing so.  Decrease all of these useless advertising attempts, reduce your advertising budget, and apply the savings to bringing your fares more in line with what a solo cruiser might find attractive.

As a 5 Star Mariner, I am never certain that I have the most current Cruise Atlas that I ought to have.   

3 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

We haven't gotten a Mariner magazine since the December 2018 winter edition.

Probably because that is the current one, at least according to the HAL site. 

22 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Not sure when my last Mariner Magazine arrived.  Even though I have registered with HAL to receive "stuff", I get little.  Princess and Carnival sends me more than HAL.  And, please, Oceania and Regent: STOP YOUR MAILINGS to me!  More days of the week than not, I get brochures from both of these companies; have never sailed on them and really have little interest in doing so.  Decrease all of these useless advertising attempts, reduce your advertising budget, and apply the savings to bringing your fares more in line with what a solo cruiser might find attractive.

As a 5 Star Mariner, I am never certain that I have the most current Cruise Atlas that I ought to have.   

I am totally fed up with  Oceania and REgent.  I have never requested info from them and I cannot  get   them out of my snail mail box.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sail7seas said:

Hi,  Gerald Bernhoft,

Not 100% sure, but I think I recall reading on someone's WC blog that this gentleman has been given an additional job at HAL in addition to being the Director of the Mariner Society.

sail, you probably will agree, I miss Margaret!

21 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Not 100% sure, but I think I recall reading on someone's WC blog that this gentleman has been given an additional job at HAL in addition to being the Director of the Mariner Society.

sail, you probably will agree, I miss Margaret!

Mr Bernhoft is great but Mrgaret is av eryspecia l l;ady and yes, I miss her   since her rerirement from HAL

Last we  spoke  she  is   very happy.  🙂

• Like 1