Mariner Magazine

sail7seas

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:19 PM, sail7seas said:

I am totally fed up with  Oceania and REgent.  I have never requested info from them and I cannot  get   them out of my snail mail box.

Me too, Sail.  I go straight from mailbox to the recycle bin.

Roz

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Roz said:

Roz

I just  brought in my mail and  am  pleased to find the Mariners magazine....delivered today.

NOT so pleased to AGAin find Oceania's  pricey new   b rochure  a;lso in my mailbox today..   I  never opened  the cover and tossed  it  in  the trash........    What  an awful waste   by  Oceania  but I am pleased  to recive   a new  edition of Mariners magazine,

image.png.7707bfbfdd1f246a14858b9d13c74975.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

29 minutes ago, Roz said:

Roz

Edited by sail7seas

We also received ours today - which is strange; ours usually arrives a couple of weeks after people in the "south".  Here on the "frozen tundra", it seems to take longer, not sure why, but I'm happy we got one!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

On 7/10/2019 at 12:13 PM, CJcruzer said:

just received the newMariner magazine in today’s mail.  

I just got my new Mariner magazine this week.  There are two really good articles: one on a chef in Japan and the other on the  Panama Canal.  What I find strange is they're highlighting  quite a few Caribbean cruises still stopping in Cuba.  Oh well.

9 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

What I find strange is they're highlighting  quite a few Caribbean cruises still stopping in Cuba.

Even if the mags were all printed before the ban started you'd think they would at least stick in a correction insert page.

That's just extra expense at this point.  What's the real harm?  That someone will call to find out that trips to Cuba have been stopped?  I noticed they were still listed in the private fare sale letter I got a couple of weeks ago.  Looking at the calendar, it was only on June 5 that the ban was announced.  

While mine hasn’t yet come and I chose the “by mail” option, I usually get an email notification that it’s available online.  I haven’t received that either.  Has anyone received an Email?

THANKS!

16 hours ago, syesmar said:

While mine hasn’t yet come and I chose the “by mail” option, I usually get an email notification that it’s available online.  I haven’t received that either.  Has anyone received an Email?

THANKS!

I haven't received the hard copy in the mail nor the digital version via email.

Roz

On 7/2/2019 at 10:26 AM, kwb101 said:

The current issue on the HAL website is Fall & Winter 2018. You don't have to log in to get it: from the home page click Already Booked > Mariner Society, then scroll down.

https://digital.cenveomobile.com/view/holland-america/mariner/hal-mariner-fall-winter-2018-hal16548

Wow, thanks so much for that direct link! 

Interesting article and very handy graphic that easily shows the difference between Alaska cruises:

image.png.f1efb6a59b049782ab0ae6e294b51f29.png

page 18

• Like 1

Got ours digitally today and quite glad we don't get a paper copy as we're both capable of reading it online.  I've actually called all the cruise lines and travel companies that have bombarded us with catalogs over the years and asked them to stop sending us stuff in the mail which goes straight to recycle.  Slowly but surely it's stopping.