Cruise Critic Community
JoRoy218

Transfer from port in Copenhagen to hotel

Our cruise ends in Copenhagen and we’ll be staying one night in (non-cruise) Hotel. Any recommendations for best transport from pier to town and then from hotel to airport next morning? Thanks!

So do you have any problems with taking luggage on busses and trains. 

In my opinion I would say that Marriott is a little bit to far away from the central station to wall with luggage (no problems without or just with one bag etc) 

But its also just like 1-2 stops away with the bus and it seems like a hassle to drag all your luggage on a bus for such a short trip. 

So if money is not a issue I would go for a taxi.

Im not saying its impossible to use public transportation but when I don't know you fitness level (or what we should call it) and the number of luggage then its hard to tell. 

Because you will have to change from bus to train at Østerport and then from train to bus at the central station to Marriott or walk the 650 meters with luggage. 

3 hours ago, Danish viking said:

So do you have any problems with taking luggage on busses and trains. 

In my opinion I would say that Marriott is a little bit to far away from the central station to wall with luggage (no problems without or just with one bag etc) 

But its also just like 1-2 stops away with the bus and it seems like a hassle to drag all your luggage on a bus for such a short trip. 

So if money is not a issue I would go for a taxi.

Im not saying its impossible to use public transportation but when I don't know you fitness level (or what we should call it) and the number of luggage then its hard to tell. 

Because you will have to change from bus to train at Østerport and then from train to bus at the central station to Marriott or walk the 650 meters with luggage. 

I appreciate your input and could handle public transport but would like the quickest route possible to enjoy our only day in Copenhagen. Guess will use the taxi; would you know if there might be a queue at the pier or should I have it pre-arranged? Thanks much! 

Taxis at Oceankaj are first come first served. 

But it should be possible to get one without to long of a waiting time. 

What ship are you on and on what date?

We too are looking for the quickest journey from port to hotel....have priced a private transfer for 3 people and quoted £119 which seems excessive.....wondered if the taxi queue may be long on disembarkation