Excursion from Dubai Cruise Port to Abu Dhabi w/luggage

We will be on Jewel of the Seas ending in Dubai on Dec 17. We would like to take a tour to Abu Dhabi that day from the cruise port with drop off at a local hotel after the tour. I've tried Search but haven't been able to find anything so am hoping someone may have a recommendation. The few companies I've contacted do not have provision to take luggage while on the tour. TIA for any suggestions. 

I'd be surprised if you would find one. Can you just take a cab from the port to Abu Dhabi hotel (use one of the RTA cabs at the terminal...will cost about 350-400AED and take around 90mins according to where your hotel is), then use the HOHO bus in Abu Dhabi if you are staying a couple of days.

Simon

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 10:24 AM, sddsddean said:

I'd be surprised if you would find one. Can you just take a cab from the port to Abu Dhabi hotel (use one of the RTA cabs at the terminal...will cost about 350-400AED and take around 90mins according to where your hotel is), then use the HOHO bus in Abu Dhabi if you are staying a couple of days.

Simon

Just realized I wasn't clear in my initial post. We're staying in Dubai so need pickup at cruise port, tour of Abu Dhabi and drop off at Holiday Inn Dubai/Deira. 

Agree with Eagle. Grab a cab at the terminal and go to your hotel. If you can't find an Abu Dhabi tour online from Dubai ( and  I seem to remember there were loads when I googled earlier this year), just go out to the cabs outside and ask the drivers if any of them would like to take you on a day trip to AD? Thats how we sorted our cab transfer from Dubai to AD. I don't think you would see much of AD doing it the way you propose. Dedicate a day to an earlyish start and lateish finish. As I said, its best part of 90 mins each way.

Simon

• 3 months later...

Suzy-I've been researching similar options for the end of our Azamara Singapore to Dubai Cruise in April. May I ask how you found this company and how much the charge? Also-where are you planning to stay in Dubai? I've read different opinions on the topic. Thanks! Julie

On 11/13/2019 at 1:43 PM, yogagal47 said:

Suzy-I've been researching similar options for the end of our Azamara Singapore to Dubai Cruise in April. May I ask how you found this company and how much the charge? Also-where are you planning to stay in Dubai? I've read different opinions on the topic. Thanks! Julie

I found the company on Cruise Critic and others on our Roll Call are using them too. Cost for 4 is $70pp. We're staying at the Crown Plaza Deira.   Crown Plaza Deira Dubai

On 11/16/2019 at 2:24 AM, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I found the company on Cruise Critic and others on our Roll Call are using them too. Cost for 4 is $70pp. We're staying at the Crown Plaza Deira.   Crown Plaza Deira Dubai

I had to look that one up - I didn't know that hotel had been rebranded again.  I remember celebrating a big birthday there in Spice Island back in the day when it was the Royal Abjar Hotel, but more recently I knew it as the Renaissance Hotel however, I see it has been part of IHG since 2011... Learn something new every day..😃

Anne...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jayayeff said:

I had to look that one up - I didn't know that hotel had been rebranded again.  I remember celebrating a big birthday there in Spice Island back in the day when it was the Royal Abjar Hotel, but more recently I knew it as the Renaissance Hotel however, I see it has been part of IHG since 2011... Learn something new every day..😃

Anne...

As we all do. Do you think it's safe for my husband and I to walk after dark from the Salah al Din metro to the Crowne Plaza? It looks like about a 7 min walk along Salah al Din street. 

3 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

As we all do. Do you think it's safe for my husband and I to walk after dark from the Salah al Din metro to the Crowne Plaza? It looks like about a 7 min walk along Salah al Din street. 

Yes, it is perfectly safe to walk to the hotel in the evenings - Salah Al Din street is a main road within Deira so it's fully lit and with a broad pedestrian pavement (sidewalk!!)

Anne...

10 hours ago, Jayayeff said:

Yes, it is perfectly safe to walk to the hotel in the evenings - Salah Al Din street is a main road within Deira so it's fully lit and with a broad pedestrian pavement (sidewalk!!)

Anne...

13 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We walked every night round various parts of Dubai on our 6 day visit and never felt 'uneasy' at all. Only person who approached us was trying to sell us a 'genuine new' iPhone!, but we just said 'no' and he left us alone!!

Simon

• Like 1