Breeze or Pride?

Carolfay

I'm considering "midnight sun" itineraries offered on Star Breeze and Star Pride.  I'd appreciate any thoughts from recent sailors about the condition/maintenance of these two ships.  I realize they're about the same age, but the reviews I've read make it tricky to figure out if one ship is in markedly better shape than the other.  I did a Baltic cruise on the Pride when she was still being operated by Seabourn, so I'm familiar with the ships' layout.  It sounds as if both ships are scheduled to be "stretched" in the near future to add additional suites.  Thanks in advance for any advice/opinions.

Been on both over there last 2 years. They are still very similar and I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite.  It's all about the crew and they are terrific on each. 

On 7/6/2019 at 7:35 PM, Carolfay said:

Just pulled the trigger on the Star Pride cruise departing Copenhagen on August 18.  Thanks for the comments, folks.

Congratuations!

We're doing most of that same route in reserve at the same time on the Breeze. We depart from Reykjavik, but arrive in Edinburgh We'll both be in Lerick on the same day, but it looks like you'll be arriving as we leave. We;ll wave to you.

We found one local tour that seemed good and fairly priced for Kirkwall.  Her name is Marlene - and the email is marathomson@btinternet.com. We told her our port times and a general idea of the things we like to do and she set up a custom tour for us.

The Pride holds a special place in our hearts. We took her out of Singapore on one of the first itins after she came out from the first wave of renovations. WS had done about half the job, and you could walk around and see what had been done and what hadn't. The other two ships were then fully done and then the Pride went in for the second round. It appeared that WS "inherited" that set of itins from Seabourn, and was to a certain extend playing it by ear as they hadn't really previously cruised in that area, but they made up for it with the best crew, hands down, we've ever had before of since. The Pride was rough and everyone from WS was complaining about the deplorable condition Seabourn turned her over in, but everyone from the legendary Captain Alan (Allen?) on down was crackerjack. We had the WS President on board along with a bunch of WS contractors. We also had a very light load and got tons of personal attention. We were on our way in India, and spent many afternoons at sea having a Bollywood festival in the lounge, complete with popcorn.

Edited by milepig

I'll be looking for that waving hand on the Breeze as it departs Lerwick.  Thanks for the background on the Pride.  I was last on the Pride in June 2013, during what I think was its last season as a Seabourn ship.  I'm looking forward to seeing and sailing on her again, now that she's part of the Windstar fleet.  My only previous Windstar experience was in 2011, when I traveled on the Wind Surf between Barcelona and Lisbon - most enjoyable journey.

• 2 weeks later...

No special favorite of the 3 yachts. They are all good. I love cruising on all of them. Suites are very spacious.  My favorite ship is Windsurf.  Cabins are not as big as the yachts. However the public spaces are more spacious, have a real pool area next to a bar, have more dining venues, and is so quiet when the sails go up.  I pick Windstar cruises for dates and itineraries. Any ship is good.

After the expansion/refurbishment, my understanding is that the few differences among the 'three sisters' will be eliminated and they will be identical [except for crew, of course]