Remy or Palo for vegetarians/ pescatarians

ljmandelbaum

7 hours ago, ljmandelbaum said:

Going to be on Disney Fantasy for our 21 anniversary.  Both DH and I are vegetarians really pescatarians since we eat fish.  Trying to decide where we should eat for our anniversary dinner.  

Palo menu:

Antipasti, Insalantine & Zuppa

• Tomato Mozzarella Caprese | Sliced Beefsteak Tomatoes with Buffalo Mozzarella, Basil, Virgin Olive Oil and Arugula Leaves
  • Fresh Arugula Salad with choice of Palo’s Dressings
  • Soft Potato Gnocchi Tossed in Piennolo Tomato Sauce, garnished with Kale and caramelized Grape Tomatoes
  • Fritto di Calamari e Gamberi Deep-fried Shrimp and Calamari with Lemon-Garlic Mayonnaise and Marinara dippings
  • Ciuppin Soup  Mussels, Shrimp, Calamari, Red Mullet and Monkfish poached in a Garlic Basil, White Wine Tomato Broth
  • Tuscan White Bean Soup Cannellini Beans with Pancetta and Kale simmered in Chicken Stock

La Pasta

• Caramelle di vitello Pasta stuffed with Milk braised Veal, Pancetta and Porcini Mushrooms
  • Butternut Agnolotti with Sage-brown Butter topped with Amaretti and Buffalo Mozzarella
  • Wild Mushroom Risotto Arborio Rice with Porcini, Portobello, Crimini Mushrooms, Virgin Olive Oil and Parmesan crisp
  • Pappardelle con Aragosta Pappardelle Pasta tossed in Lobster Tarragon Sauce with Leeks, White Truffle Oil and Grilled Lobster
  • Pennelle Pasta Tossed in a spiced San Marzano Bazil Sauce topped with Garlic Shrimps
  • Piatto Vegetariano

• Grilled Portobello Mushroom, Spinach and Plenta with Porcini and Roasted Shallot Sauce, Parmesan crisp and aged Balsamic Vinegar
  • Il Pesce

• Sea Scallops Celery Root Purée, baby Vegetables and crispy Leeks served with a Prosecco and Black Tuffle Sauce
  • Marinated Big Eyed Tuna Steak with Green Beans, Roasted New Potatoes, Quail Eggs, Cerignola Olives and White Balsamic
  • Piquant Dover Sole – filleted table side with nut-brown Butter Capers, Anchovies, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Spinach, Carrots and Thyme Potatoes
  • La Carne

• Osso Buco Slow-roasted, center cutVeal Shank with Gremolata and Milanese Risotto
  • Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken Roasted Vegetables and Potatoes, served with Truffle Chicken Sauce on the side
  • Roasted Rosemary-rubbed Rack of Lamb  with Roasted Carrots, Caponata, Olive Oil Potatoes, Rosemary Jus on the side
  • Grilled Prime Beef Tenderloin with Pancetta Potato, Sautéed Spinach, Barone Chianti Wine Sauce

Hopefully you can find something you'd like.

Edited by Shmoo here

As you can see from the menu above, Palo has many vegetarian and fish options on the menu. (The same is true for brunch -- many meatless options, especially if you eat fish and shellfish.)

The Remy menus may look less accomodating, but you can get a meal made just for you. If you choose to dine at Remy, it wouldn't hurt to stop by before your meal (such as the evening of embarkation day) and make sure that your dietery restrictions are noted on your reservation. That will give the chef time to think about what to make you. My husband and I don't eat meat or shellfish, he is allergic to bell peppers, and I don't eat mushrooms. When we dined at Remy on the Dream, we each got meals that were perfect for us. For most of the courses, we each had different dishes. We both left fully satisfied. 

For a special occasion, my vote would be Remy because it is something special. You wouldn't go wrong with Palo, either, though. (We have dined at Palo on every one of our 12 cruises except the 3-night when we dined at Remy.)

3 hours ago, travellingwithnikki said:

I just dined at Remy as a vegetarian.  I let them know the day before about my dietary needs and it was the best meal I've ever eaten 🙂

Thanks

4 hours ago, mommb said:

For a special occasion, my vote would be Remy because it is something special. You wouldn't go wrong with Palo, either, though. (We have dined at Palo on every one of our 12 cruises except the 3-night when we dined at Remy.)

I'm leaning towards Remy.  We have had anniversary meals at V & A a few times.