Norwegian Bliss Pool

foxcent

2 hours ago, foxcent said:

I will be sailing on the August 2020 Alaska sailing and I was wondering since it will be cooler on the Alaska cruise.  Is there an indoor pool that I can enjoy????

No indoor pools unless you have a Haven Suite (which is a tiny pool). For $200/week, you can get a spa pass to access the hot, bubbling hydrotherapy pool. 

The pools, water slides, and water feature in Spice H20 are heated. Heated meaning not freezing and not hot. The hot tubs are obviously heated. 

The pools are used daily by guests. In August, we are normally in shorts and t-shirts at ports (unless you go on a shoreex to the glaciers). 

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No indoor pools unless you have a Haven Suite (which is a tiny pool). For $200/week, you can get a spa pass to access the hot, bubbling hydrotherapy pool. 

The pools, water slides, and water feature in Spice H20 are heated. Heated meaning not freezing and not hot. The hot tubs are obviously heated. 

The pools are used daily by guests. In August, we are normally in shorts and t-shirts at ports (unless you go on a shoreex to the glaciers). 

Okay well, I will pack a couple of swimsuits and see what the temperature is but I heard it does not get above 60 when doing an Alaska cruise..

10 minutes ago, foxcent said:

Okay well, I will pack a couple of swimsuits and see what the temperature is but I heard it does not get above 60 when doing an Alaska cruise..

The temperature can vary wildly in Alaska.  When you are viewing the glaciers it's likely to be colder, but the highs can certainly reach the 80s during the summer as they are this week.

17 hours ago, foxcent said:

I will be sailing on the August 2020 Alaska sailing and I was wondering since it will be cooler on the Alaska cruise.  Is there an indoor pool that I can enjoy????

The high in Juneau yesterday was in the upper 70's. It might not be as cold as you think. I suggest using a weather app, and checking the highs that are predicted closer to when you sail.

Edited by zqvol

We were on the Bliss from June 23 to June 30,  it was very warm and sunny in both Juneau, Skakway and Glacier Bay,  When we were in Glacier Bay it was so warm that people were sunbathing and swimming in the pools,  It was a little cooler in Ketchikan but still very pleasant,  This was my third time doing the inside passage and I think it is hit and miss with the weather,

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:03 AM, timf2001 said:

The temperature can vary wildly in Alaska.  When you are viewing the glaciers it's likely to be colder, but the highs can certainly reach the 80s during the summer as they are this week.

That's nice to know we're sailing August 30th, so we may have some warmth :)

We sailed Bliss departing 8/31 last year for Alaska, and spent sailaway from a couple of ports in the outdoors hot tubs - was nice and warm out.  We froze at the glaciers, but other than that I remember being pretty warm and comfortable.  But like others say Alaska weather is very changeable, plan for anything!

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:19 PM, BirdTravels said:

Joy to Alaska last week

8EF8001D-AE50-4EA4-959E-BFB8BB6F97FA.jpeg

F2E42BFA-26C7-43C8-B513-289D01C9D11F.jpeg

Oh WOW.  Thanks for sharing.. It looks nice enough to enjoy the pool... Still think they should have a retractable roof so you may enjoy the pool or hot tub in not so nice weather ....