B2B out of Sydney.... spending the day in Sydney in between ?

mitaxi

Hello everyone..... I have a B2B cruise out of Sydney... ( and keeping same cabin ).... will it  be any problem  to get off the  ship and spend some time in Sydney that day in between the two?,,,  FIrst time there ...so have to ask  Thank you for any help and tips...  Spending a few days prior to the cruises.., but  was thinking to save the  Sydney zoo for that in between day....

Michele

11 minutes ago, mitaxi said:

Hello everyone..... I have a B2B cruise out of Sydney... ( and keeping same cabin ).... will it  be any problem  to get off the  ship and spend some time in Sydney that day in between the two?,,,  FIrst time there ...so have to ask  Thank you for any help and tips...  Spending a few days prior to the cruises.., but  was thinking to save the  Sydney zoo for that in between day....

Michele

You should have no problems. You'll be docked at the cruise terminal at Circular Quay, just a short walk to the ferry to the zoo. As a B2B passenger you'll get instructions in your cabin before you arrive in Sydney for the changeover. You may get a new seapass for the second cruise and possibly something that identifies you as a transit passenger. Then you just go ashore when ready (but may have to be off the ship by a certain time regardless), go to the zoo, then reboard in the afternoon. I think there is a short-cut through the terminal for transit passengers - I can recall seeing signs when boarding cruises there.

51 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You should have no problems. You'll be docked at the cruise terminal at Circular Quay, just a short walk to the ferry to the zoo. As a B2B passenger you'll get instructions in your cabin before you arrive in Sydney for the changeover. You may get a new seapass for the second cruise and possibly something that identifies you as a transit passenger. Then you just go ashore when ready (but may have to be off the ship by a certain time regardless), go to the zoo, then reboard in the afternoon. I think there is a short-cut through the terminal for transit passengers - I can recall seeing signs when boarding cruises there.

thank you for that information...

Some cruise ships dock at White Bay, which is a little farther away from the center of Sydney than Circular Quay.   You can check the cruise schedule here: 

www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/cruise/cruise-schedule/

I think the bigger ships get assigned to Overseas Terminal (by Circular Quay) and the smaller ones at White Bay, but I could be wrong about that.  (Maybe the big ships can't pass under the bridge?)

I'm doing a back to back at Sydney, and scheduled to go into White Bay.  I've researched how to get to Circular Quay.  It's harder to get to central Sydney but possible, by ferry or cab or combination of the two.  I can give you info for White Bay if you need it. 

8 hours ago, roothy123 said:

Some cruise ships dock at White Bay, which is a little farther away from the center of Sydney than Circular Quay.   You can check the cruise schedule here: 

www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/cruise/cruise-schedule/

I think the bigger ships get assigned to Overseas Terminal (by Circular Quay) and the smaller ones at White Bay, but I could be wrong about that.  (Maybe the big ships can't pass under the bridge?)

I'm doing a back to back at Sydney, and scheduled to go into White Bay.  I've researched how to get to Circular Quay.  It's harder to get to central Sydney but possible, by ferry or cab or combination of the two.  I can give you info for White Bay if you need it. 

You got it 8n one, bigger ships can’t go under the bridge, looking at OPs list of cruises it will be OPT The Rocks.

White Bay to the City, the Ferry (Capt Cook Ferry Services unless memory is failing worse than I thought) will be a good bet).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Based on the schedule Captain Cook Cruises posted for a recent cruise visit, they start picking up from White Bay Terminal at 8 AM, run every 15 minutes (early morning) or every 30 minutes (later in the morning through 11:30), break for lunch between 11:30 - 12:30, then pick up every 30 minutes until 2:30 PM, which is last "from White Bay" service.  There's return service as well.  Note they do not go to Circular Quay, but if you're going to there, you can transfer to get there, although it's at a different wharf.  From White Bay, CC goes to Barangaroo King St. Wharf # 2 in about 15 minutes.   

If anyone's interested in how to get to Circular Quay from White Bay, there's another thread on that subject; options include going to East Balmain to pick up the city run ferry to Circular Quay.  Also, you can google Captain Cook Cruises Sydney to find their White Bay schedule.  That ferry run only applies when a cruise ship is at White Bay.  I don't know if the same schedule is maintained for all ships, and I don't know how accurate the schedule is (timewise).