Catamaran Snorkel Trip

RBKL

Any suggestions for a great snorkel tour - prefer a Cat?

Radical Adventures seems to be highly rated however, they are fully booked when we are in Roatan.

I prefer not to shore snorkel.

There's a newer company that runs a cat snorkel excursion, but it's not a sailing catamaran.  More like a large pontoon boat.  Nevertheless they do off shore snorkel tours.

Can't find any reviews as they just started this year.

There are several boat snorkel vendors out of West Bay.  I believe Bananarama Dive Resort also offers snorkel tours.  They have packages with transportation to their site.  And once there, you can just hire a small boat to take you out form shore up at the west end.

http://bananarama.com/activities/

Took the Jolly Roger on a Carnival cruise in 2015. It was a really good excursion. Ample water time, good lunch, lots of drinks and a really interesting boat trip along the shore of French Harbor. Lasted longer than advertised and was a great value for the $. The crew was outstanding in pointing out interesting things. If you are a snorkeler take your own gear. The fins they provide are small and really limber making you work in the current.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm bumping this as I'm maybe thinking about doing this, but want to know the opinion of those who have done this and such things like where does the catamaran depart, how far out do you go, did you see lots of aquatic life, etc, etc.

• 3 months later...
On 7/16/2021 at 10:05 AM, trafaelwyr said:

I'm bumping this as I'm maybe thinking about doing this, but want to know the opinion of those who have done this and such things like where does the catamaran depart, how far out do you go, did you see lots of aquatic life, etc, etc.

Bumping too.... 

Isla Roatan goes out of Half Moon Bay on the West Bay side of the island.  Unless they sponsor transportation from either cruise dock, you'll need to take a taxi. The excursion is booked through Island Marketing which serves as a middleman for various excursion vendors.

Jolly Roger via Carnival goes out of Mahogany Bay and you can catch it just a short walk down from the ship.