Costa demographic?

AlRajul

We are on the Costa Mediterranea on 24th July, first trip with Costa, what are the predominant nationalities likely to be on board. This trip is Amsterdam, Scotland, Iceland, Germany?

Edited by AlRajul
Spelling

Hi,

Lovely ship one of our favourite's if on the small side.

With that cruise expect French, German, Italians & Americans overall announcements will be in just three languages with English normally last. If it is not in English it does concern you. Although noting is certain expect a few Americans as they like the itinerary as part o a European tour.

Do attend the English speakers meeting (see paper in cabin boarding day) best way of meeting others. You will be seated in the MDR with English guests. Shows mainly are understandable & quite good, best bar is deck three wine bar or deck two for a piano player.

Do take a look at the Costa site scroll down & log-in to 'mycosta' with booking number, that will show you all extras, tours, restaurants & such like.

Have a great cruise, but bear in mind this is a multi-cultured line & some shoving in will take place.

6 hours ago, BrianCruiser said:

When this happens and you get concerned what is the best course of action? Ask a foreign passenger? Or try seek out English speaking crew?

Just ignore it 🙂 the alarm will sound if anything drastic happens lol.  all the crew speak English.  On our last cruise with costa out of Japan there were a mix of passengers but we found only one other English speaking couple.  So far .. for the cruise we are taking in October, there are at least 18 other english speakers that I have caught up with on Roll Call.  So it depends on where you are sailing.   This time we are leaving from Italy.  I imagine as your cruise is Northern Europe there will be a lot more.  

Edited by Janet&Carl

Any announcement that concerns passengers will be broadcast in three/five languages. Or in the language of the Country concerned.

As Janet said above 90% of the crew speak English the only emergency signal you need to act on is 7 blasts on ships siren. 

23 hours ago, AlRajul said:

Thanks everyone for replying, we've only done cruises with predominantly US citizens or Brits. It's going to feel like we are really abroad! 

Its a good laugh especially when they try to do a quiz in 5 languages 😉

We will be on the Deliziosa world cruise in January.  It makes me a little nervous that there will be so few English speakers on a 112 day cruise! Lots of days at sea and I like to play Mahjongg, do trivia, go to shows etc.  And I can't imagine eating 112 dinners with the same few couples!  

I'm sure it will work out.  Maybe there will be more English speakers than I expect.  I started a Roll Call, but no one has signed on 

Lynn,

Firstly do contact the English speaking host & attend any meetings they hold. You will find that people are joining & leaving your cruise at different ports so you lose or gain English speaking guests, a spot off in the US often gets guests for a part world cruise.

After 35 Costa cruises the least English speakers we have had is 57.

The luminosa world tour this year had heaps of English guest from the san Antonio/santieago segment through to asia and the Asian (Singapore) segment back to Europe. The south American segment was very few English people but I think the most amazing segment.

• 1 month later...