Copenhagen taxi info for those interested

We arrived in in CPH from JFK and after getting our luggage we immediately went to the exit for a taxi. We said there were 5 of us plus luggage and he directed us to a spot where a van came over in just a few minutes. Very easy.  I thought the van to our hotel (The Andersen) would cost more than a standard car. We paid with a credit card and it was the equivalant of $50. We were pleased. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad to help! We loved the Andersen. Beautiful and bountiful breakfast : ) After breakfast we walked to the canal and had our tour, since we didn't have time the day before. We only stayed one night.

We told the staff at the hotel what time we wanted to leave for the terminal and they had a van type taxi ready for the 5 of us. So nice.

We sailed with Royal Caribbean and it was the smoothest embarkation ever.

On 7/6/2019 at 1:17 PM, zumbagold said:

Glad to help! We loved the Andersen. Beautiful and bountiful breakfast : ) After breakfast we walked to the canal and had our tour, since we didn't have time the day before. We only stayed one night.

We told the staff at the hotel what time we wanted to leave for the terminal and they had a van type taxi ready for the 5 of us. So nice.

We sailed with Royal Caribbean and it was the smoothest embarkation ever.

Thanks for the info. How much is the taxi fare from your hotel to the cruise terminal? We have six people with luggage in our group, will the van fit all of us?

thanks for the info.  will be headed there with a group of 6 on friday from LAX.

was it a licensed taxi?  did they have a fare meter or was it a fixed rate.  credit card machine i presume then?  thanks for any info you can provide.

Looking at my credit card receipt I see I paid $63.85 to travel from The Andersen hotel to the port where our Serenade of the Seas was docked. The hotel called the taxi and it was very convenient for the 5 of us with 5 large suitcases. I was told the taxis are metered. I must say I was expecting it to be about $50, but considering we only needed one vehicle, I was satisfied.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 11:46 AM, zumbagold said:

Looking at my credit card receipt I see I paid $63.85 to travel from The Andersen hotel to the port where our Serenade of the Seas was docked. The hotel called the taxi and it was very convenient for the 5 of us with 5 large suitcases. I was told the taxis are metered. I must say I was expecting it to be about $50, but considering we only needed one vehicle, I was satisfied.

Great info, could you tell me how long it actually  takes to get to the port by taxi please. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 5:46 AM, joejoe 59 said:

Great info, could you tell me how long it actually  takes to get to the port by taxi please. 

It does normally take 30 to 35 minutes - can be less or more depending on traffic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A van is around 30 % more expensive that a regular taxi, but only if you are 5 to 8 persons or more using it. If you are 1,2,3 or 4 persons in a van, the price is the same as for a regular taxi (otherwise people hailing a taxi in the street would avoid the vans if one passes by them).

Edited by chrismo1
Edited percentage