New Carnival AMEX Offer!

24 minutes ago, webzila said:

How so if the OP added it to a Delta AMEX and I got it on my Blue Cash AMEX

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

All Amex offers are targeted and not available on every card or to every user. Many of the premium cards that are not cobranded will have a similar offer but with points instead. Sometimes offers are also available to American Express cards issued by a third party and sometimes they are not. Offers may also be available on the personal cards where it may not be available on the same cobranded business card. Offers can also be location based as well or targeted by spending patterns.

I was providing an additional type of card where this offer is available without a backdoor link being required.

Edited by xDisconnections

I found it on my Amex magnet card. It is only for reservation purchases so you will not get the credit if you purchase shore excursions or stuff from the fun shop. I made a $350 payment on a current reservation to see if I will get the credit. 

Added it to my Amex Hilton Ascend Card.  Will it work on an existing reservation?
Yes. I just paid $350 on the existing reservation and immediately got an email from AMEX confirming the use of offer

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, webzila said:

Yes. I just paid $350 on the existing reservation and immediately got an email from AMEX confirming the use of offer

Thank you for the information.  That's great to hear.  I don't know how they make any money on this promotion.  😀

7 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

Thank you for the information.  That's great to hear.  I don't know how they make any money on this promotion.  😀

The statement credit is being issued by American Express. For those who take advantage of the offer, Carnival is paying Amex for a commission or referral as it’s a form of marketing/advertising. American Express is still making a pretty good profit on merchant interchange fees and for anyone who will need to pay interest on this charge.

Carnival is the one requesting this offer is available and room rental revenue is not as high as you would expect when comparing where their profits are coming from. The costs associated with a promotion like this would be budgeted as an advertising expense. As Carnival and Carnival Corporation have a history of repeating this type of offer through Amex, they should already have a solid relationship.

Edited by xDisconnections

1 hour ago, jlabs03 said:

I found it on my Amex magnet card. It is only for reservation purchases so you will not get the credit if you purchase shore excursions or stuff from the fun shop. I made a $350 payment on a current reservation to see if I will get the credit. 

Yep. And of course(!!), I made my final payment yesterday. Whomp whooooomp.

36 minutes ago, antmaril said:

I made my final payment on Monday.  

Try calling Carnival and see if they'll refund your original payment and charge your AMEX.  They did that for me a couple of times to take advantage of similar offers

FWIW you could try this offer for purchasing excursions online. It worked for me last year when Carnival/Princess had similar deal. I bought excursions and internet plan with the offer added and got the credit.

The charge for excursions/restaurants didn't look any different than reservations

Interesting...My Green card has the points offer, and my Optima Platinum has the $75 offer.  Wish the points offer was on my Hilton Honours card as I am saving pints on that one for hotel in London next year.  I can use both as I have two Carnival cruises booked...EM

Edited by Essiesmom

46 minutes ago, cmichael1279 said:

Try calling Carnival and see if they'll refund your original payment and charge your AMEX.  They did that for me a couple of times to take advantage of similar offers

I used gift cards to pay off the balance, but if I had known, I would have saved the gift cards (for onboard credit and excursions) and used my AMEX to pay off the balance.  Oh well.  

• Like 1

I only have one carnival cruise booked and it's far out.   If I use this offer and later decide to move (not cancel) my booking to a different date, will it trigger Amex to take back the $75?  

Edited by molole

19 minutes ago, molole said:

I only have one carnival cruise booked and it's far out.   If I use this offer and later decide to move (not cancel) my booking to a different date, will it trigger Amex to take back the $75?  

If you're just doing a date change, Carnival should be willing to migrate the money to the new booking (possibly with a fee, depending on how you booked). They wouldn't refund your card, so there would be no way for Amex to even know you'd made the change, let alone tie it back to the offer and rescind the credit. 🙂

• Thanks 1