Costa Magica - Electrical Outlets

NancyJewel92

First let me write a big THANKS for Cruise4Andy for his detailed and lively review of this ship. We're experienced cruisers, but the 1/29th sailing will be our first on Costa.

The one detail I wanted to check was about the electrical outlets in the cabins. Somewhere in my surfing, I seem to recall reading that a European converter was required. However, I find that hard to believe. Can anyone confirm to me that the outlets are indeed US standard. (I want to be sure we'll be able to charge our cell phones.)

I'm not great with electrical things but in our inside cabin there were no outlet that I could plug my hair dryer to. At the mirror in the bedroom there was 1 outlet. So I just used that one and we also used it to charge our phones and computer. They had a different type of outlet in the bathroom that was for electric shaver I think. We never used those. Hope this helps-- have a great time.

Shauna

from costa's web site

"Hair dryers are provided for your use in all staterooms. Your stateroom is equipped with standard 220/110 volt AC current. "

unless i'm mistaken 220 is what they use in europe, and 110 is what we use in the USA, so if your cell phone charger/DC converter takes in 110v make sure you plug it into that one ;)

-Joe

Archived