Craziest thing You've ever seen happen on a Cruiseship?

SailorMan20

the lift door closed while the queen of Miami was stepping off.  Dress got snatched up in the door as it was closing, instead of waiting for the door to open she panicked and off came the dress. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Adventure of the Seas

was docked on the other side of the Philipsburg pier at Sint Maarten

and come 5 p.m. or so, it was fairly obvious the gangway crew

were expecting pier runners!

Time came and time went, but they were still expecting one or two.

Finally, what looked like a RCL Official Guy

came off the ship wearing a bright orange shirt

carrying a brief case (no doubt with their passports?) and the ship left!!

leaving Mr. Orange Shirt on the dock still waiting for runners!

I remember feeling sorry for those who got left behind........

Not sure how this matter was resolved, but you can use your imagination!

There was also a wedding on board Adventure! We were on Ocean Village Two.

This was early January 2008. Was it you getting married?

Topsail bride.jpg

Bride1.jpg

Situation-101.jpg

On Independence of the Seas, saw a couple who always wore virtually identical outfits. They not only had a different outfit every meal (breakfast different from lunch, and different from dinner) (made from identical material,) but also had matching 'going ashore' kit, but also matching swimwear and cover-ups. Never the same outfit twice (not even the swimsuits) - l dread to think of how much baggage they brought on board!

Edited by Sancho_proudfoot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

On Independence of the Seas, saw a couple who always wore virtually identical outfits. They not only had a different outfit every meal (breakfast different from lunch, and different from dinner) (made from identical material,) but also had matching 'going ashore' kit, but also matching swimwear and cover-ups. Never the same outfit twice (not even the swimsuits) - l dread to think of how much baggage they brought on board!

space saver vacuum bags 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SailorMan20 said:

What's the craziest thing You've ever seen happen on a cruise in the past? Be it fight or a drunk Man or someone being kicked off the ship. I wanna hear the stories.

What's your story? 

While we were out on our balcony on the NCL Jewel while at port in Cozumel, some idiot a couple decks up was sitting on his balcony rail with his legs hanging over on the ocean side.  He got down when the crew started yelling at him from the bridge to get back inside.   

This one still gives me occasional nightmares....happened many years ago, probably on the old Nordic Prince or Starward.    On a quiet sea day, we walked up some outdoor stairs to the top deck and were met with the sight of 2 adults with their backs to us, taking pictures of their 2 small children whom they had perched on the top rail of the outer deck railing.    We were stunned and afraid to make a sound for fear of startling the kids.  The kids looked terrified.   The parents were at least embarrassed when they noticed us there and quickly got the kids down and hurried off.    We reported the incident, but couldn't identify the people, so doubt if anything ever happened to them.       

Edited by Kartgv
  • Like 2

I wish my memory was better, there have been a few. There was a group that was having a lot of fun and one member more than others. He wore a rainbow colored wig on his head and a Speedo, that is all. He then had another rainbow wig coming out the front of his Speedo.

• Haha 5

Carnival Sensation - full on brawl in the middle of the atrium. There must’ve been 30-40 people who started fist fighting, throwing drink glasses that were flying everywhere, screaming, while people standing on decks above looked down and cheered the fight on. It was surreal. 

Allure of the Seas - Rescue at sea of Cuban rafters. It was wild to see this tiny boat packed with people bobbing in the ocean as we approached on our massive cruise ship. Truly a memory that I’ll never forget.

• Like 4

A woman sitting on the stairs with art supplies spread out all around her.  She was copying the artwork on the landing.  And yelling at anyone who tried to pass her saying they were disturbing her concentration.  She was especially nasty to an Asian family who were speaking their own language. 

Edited by gooch47

1 minute ago, gooch47 said:

A woman sitting on the stairs with art supplies spread out all around her.  She was copying the artwork on the landing.  And yelling at anyone who tried to pass her saying they were disturbing her concentration.  She was especially nasty to an Asian family who were speaking their own language. 

I think I'd have reported her.  Nasty.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 6:30 PM, MicCanberra said:

I have seen someone (most likely a male) dressed as a chicken for the majority of the cruise. Not sure what their story was, but that was pretty crazy seeing a chicken in the MDR.

Mic, that's your clue that you've been enjoying the Deluxe Beverage Package just a wee bit too much!  🤣

• Haha 6

Two young women sitting  by the pool. Whilst one of them was busy flossing her teeth her companion was applying sun cream to her back. 

On an excursion to the Great Barrier Reef an elderly German couple decided to get changed out of their swimming gear in full view of everyone. Trust me, it was not a pretty sight.  'shudder' 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, babs135 said:

Two young women sitting  by the pool. Whilst one of them was busy flossing her teeth her companion was applying sun cream to her back. 

On an excursion to the Great Barrier Reef an elderly German couple decided to get changed out of their swimming gear in full view of everyone. Trust me, it was not a pretty sight.  'shudder' 

I suppose you would have seen the wurst that could have been seen then.😋

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Guy traveling alone, so drunk at dinner that during main course eyes rolled up and did a face plant into his plate - mashed taters and gravy flew!!  A couple of waiters and bus persons picked him up and carried him away ...... next morning saw him early at the pool bar with a bloody mary

and there was the time:

few years back my USCG Cutter was docked in Cozumel for a two day R&R. It was evening time and I wandered up to the bridge to watch the cruise ship across from us leave. It had just begun backing away from the pier when a lady came running down the pier with a shopping bag in each hand. She got to about my place on the pier when she realized the cruise ship was pulling away. She stopped, dropped the bags and a look of panic set in . . . I called down, "is there a problem?"

"My husband and kids are on that boat . . . ." .... "wait their" I hollered down ... and called the gangway watch to send some one to fetch her and 'be nice' ... she's left behind.

Then I grabbed the bridge to bridge radio and hailed the cruise ship. "Hi Captain, this is the US Coast Guard Cutter & I've got one of your passengers!" I proposed that as they dropped the pilot if they'd wait just a couple of minutes I'd run her out to them.

I used it as a rapid rescue drill for the in port watch and we had our fast boat in the water and ready to go in under 10 minutes. Loaded the wayward mom and got her in a life jacket and ran her out to the cruise ship ...... guess how many people were watching as she climbed up the pilot ladder!!!!!

broke up a routine duty day for the crew!

She had a story to tell ....
Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1