Craziest thing You've ever seen happen on a Cruiseship?

SailorMan20

26 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I certainly didn't see any cops with red jackets either.

The RCMP is still very much in existence (it will be 100 years old next year)  and has an active presence in most of the provinces and territories. Despite their name, their usual modes of transportation are modern ones, and they do not wear their red serge tunics except in ceremonial functions. They look and dress very much like any other police officer. I'm not sure if they would have jurisdiction in the case cited. Probably, as they have federal and provincial jurisdictions. But it is also possible the man was turned over to the Vancouver city police.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mom says said:

The RCMP is still very much in existence and has an active presence in most of the provinces and territories. Despite their name, their usual modes of transportation are modern ones, and they do not wear their red serge tunics except in ceremonial functions. They look and dress very much like any other police officer.

Exactly what I thought. Police officers with the RCMP but not 'Mounties' in the historical sense.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Exactly what I thought. Police officers with the RCMP but not 'Mounties' in the historical sense.

Not actually true. Even today every RCMP officer has to go through equestrian training during their training period. Every Mountie can ride, and we still refer to them as Mounties. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, mom says said:

Not actually true. Even today every RCMP officer has to go through equestrian training during their training period. Every Mountie can ride, and we still refer to them as Mounties. 

Fair enough, they are still called mounties but do not ride horses or wear red unless they are at a ceremony. 

8 hours ago, Extra Kim said:

It's going into the pool even if it's inside the swimming suit... 

But the hair inside the suit will stay inside the suit. The hair outside? Free to float away.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Because it is pubic hair not public hair.

So do you shave all over?

I don't see why some hair sticking out form a cossie is worse than some hair on a guys back or if someone hasn't cleaned the hair on their head.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mom says said:

But the hair inside the suit will stay inside the suit. The hair outside? Free to float away.....

I am not sure what happens with other people but my hair doesn't just detach when it gets wet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

So do you shave all over?

I don't see why some hair sticking out form a cossie is worse than some hair on a guys back or if someone hasn't cleaned the hair on their head.

Just the visual.

• Like 1

I was lounging on deck of a norwegian cruise. We saw two grown adults in full panda suits (complete with masks), walking around deck. They asked us if we wanted a picture with them. They did not have a ship’s photographer with them so I really don’t believe they were associated with the ship at all. It was very bizarre.

2 hours ago, sanger727 said:

I was lounging on deck of a norwegian cruise. We saw two grown adults in full panda suits (complete with masks), walking around deck. They asked us if we wanted a picture with them. They did not have a ship’s photographer with them so I really don’t believe they were associated with the ship at all. It was very bizarre.

That is not crazy at all, sounds more like Pandamonium.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

On a Carnival cruise, we were in line and walking slowly down the stairway to dinner, some dude fell a couple of floors and landed on the railing just beside us, gets to his feet and walks away.

We’re pretty sure alcohol played a role but we never knew what happened to the guy as it happened so fast and he walked away before anyone could react to seeing if he was ok.

Insane

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/9/2019 at 2:09 PM, MicCanberra said:

Not the craziest I have seen (that was the chicken) but close was a cruise we did and nearly every night in the MDR, a few people from differing areas in the MDR would just suddenly start singing a song. Of course we have had the waiters all sing their happy Birsary songs for passengers birthdays or anniversaries.

They sometimes sang as a duet, sometimes one would sing one song and then the other would sing theirs. It was very entertaining but strange as we had never had that happen before.

If it was on Crystal some years ago, it could have been the table I was at.

There was a mariachi band coming around.  We asked if they knew certain songs and then it got a little carried away and we asked them if they knew tv show theme songs, which they didn't.  Well, we started to sing them.  We got huge applause when we sang "Gilligan's Island" theme song.  I'm sure the Chief Engineer who hosted our table was horrified, but the Captain whose table was next to ours came over when he was leaving and said "I sure wish I was sitting at this table, because you folks know how to have fun".  BTW, we were all formally dressed at the time.

• Like 1

On Aranui we were offered a chance to experience a Sunday mass conducted in the local language. We were in the back row and in front of us was a religious French family and in the front row was a French man who couldn't stop taking pictures despite the guides advising us the locals would prefer it if we didn't take pictures during the mass. A male member of the family was annoyed by camera man and approached him twice as the man was photographing. It seemed whatever he said made no impression as the camera man kept taking photos and in the middle of what looked like a panorama shot the other man strode up to him and grabbed his camera. As they wrestled for the camera they yelled in French and the family man whacked camera man on the head😱, the guides rushed in separating the men, speaking really fast French but loud whispers trying to calm the situation down, for some reason they seemed to ask camera man to leave the church while family man got to stay🤔 (personally I think both should have been asked to leave😕). I was impressed with the priest though he didn't miss a beat and kept going like nothing had happened, true professional👍. The local women who had been sitting next to the camera man looked pretty peeved though😳. I wouldn't be surprised if that church decided they didn't want cruise passengers attending their mass again.

34 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I agree,

The guide should have done something earlier. If someone cannot abide by the guidelines, they should be told to leave.

I suspect the guides didn't want to disturb the mass by making a scene 😆

11 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Most likely didn't want to lose their tip either.

I might be wrong but I think tipping is not common in French culture🤔. There were hardly any Americans on this sailing and certainly none attended the Sunday Mass but all the English speakers certainly were talking about "the incident" at lunch😂. It was the one time I wished my French was more fluent I 'd love to know what the French thought of the behavior of their compatriots.