Mobility Issues - Copenhagen Trasnsportation Around the City

ama

We are a family of 7 (2 seniors, 3 adults, 2 kids - age 12 and 9) and are spending 4 full days (Thursday-Sunday) in Copenhagen before we board Baltic cruise in mid July. My mom has some mobility issues, she isn't able to stand or walk for long periods of time - and so I'm struggling to determine what the "best" way to get around the city. We will be staying at the Andersen Hotel prior, which is very close to the main train station.

We plan on visiting: Tivoli Gardens, Rosenborg Castle, Round Tower, Torvehallerne, Nyhavn (Canal Tour) and Exploring Stroget. If we have time, we may also do the National Museum. After calculating all the entrance fees, it doesn't make sense for us to get the Copenhagen Card because we really aren't seeing that many multiple attractions in a day.

We can walk to Tivioli pretty easily from our hotel. But, I know the rest of the days, its going to make most sense for us to some kind of bus, train, metro pass to make it easier for my mom.

1. Does anyone have experience using the City Pass Small? Sounds like it gets us from the airport to the train station (hotel), and there's a 4 day unlimited pass to get around the city.

2. Are we better off with some kind of "single" ticket each time? All sounds very confusing with zones and such.

3. Has anyone also used the multiple day pass for Stromma - City Pass, which is essentially the Hop On Hop Off Bus? Again, we don't save really on attractions, more interested in ease of use getting around the central part of the city.

4. Are taxis readily available if needed from main tourist attractions?

I know the best way to explore Copenhagen is on foot, but I just want to make sure my mom is comfortable. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

The real city pass (not the Stromma one) is clearly the best because you will easily earn the cost of the card and you don't have to figure out zones etc. 

I always see taxis all around the city so I'm guessing that it will be easy to pick up one from most tourist sites. 

On 7/3/2019 at 2:47 PM, ama said:

My mom has some mobility issues, she isn't able to stand or walk for long periods of time - and so I'm struggling to determine what the "best" way to get around the city. We will be staying at the Andersen Hotel prior, which is very close to the main train station.

We plan on visiting: Tivoli Gardens, Rosenborg Castle, Round Tower, Torvehallerne, Nyhavn (Canal Tour) and Exploring Stroget. If we have time, we may also do the National Museum.

I'm sure you've already considered this in terms of your mom and her mobility issues, but the Round Tower, unless you are just viewing it from outside, is a long spiral walk up to the top.   Your mom can of course stop to rest along the way, and even perch along some of the the window wells.  Lots of walking in other places as well, including Tivoli and along the Stroget.

We really enjoyed Copenhagen, I hope you all have a great time!

enhance

enhance

(photos by turtles06)

Great pics turtles06. For the Round Tower, I’m hoping there’s a spot at the bottom to wait. I doubt she will go to the top. As long as there’s a place to stop, rest, or take a small snack/cafe/drink break, she’ll be fine. We will definitely be doing all of that at Tivoli and as we shop along Stroget!