RC changed my room

My husband and 2 other couples booked a RC cruise in May 2019 for a sailing this December to celebrate a birthday and a wedding. We all booked through a travel agent and we specifically chose 3 ocean view balcony staterooms that were right next to each other on deck 12, midship. The reservations were made, the trip was paid for and we all received confirmation from RC and the travel agency. Yesterday I went into cruise planner and discovered RC has assigned me a different stateroom, on a different deck, at the very back of the ship. The other couples checked theirs and we discovered that RC changed another couple in our group as well. The remaining couple was not moved. So now, we are all separated, on different decks. RC never notified any of us of any changes, I just happened to notice. The ocean view balcony rooms are sold out now. Our travel agent is working with RC to see why and if anything can be done to fix this issue. I am absolutely livid! Any advice? 

Stay on your travel agent for answers is all you can do. Honestly I'd say the highest liklihood was that your travel agent accidentally changed the rooms, but if that wasn't the case then they should be trying to either get you different rooms that are adjacent or get you some sort of conciliatory OBC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cynrey said:

I am absolutely livid! Any advice? 

Welcome to CC.

Ask the TA to set up a three way call with RCI and find out what happened. They or may not have 3 cabins together anymore to move you to - good luck.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Cynrey said:

My husband and 2 other couples booked a RC cruise in May 2019 for a sailing this December to celebrate a birthday and a wedding. We all booked through a travel agent and we specifically chose 3 ocean view balcony staterooms that were right next to each other on deck 12, midship. The reservations were made, the trip was paid for and we all received confirmation from RC and the travel agency. Yesterday I went into cruise planner and discovered RC has assigned me a different stateroom, on a different deck, at the very back of the ship. The other couples checked theirs and we discovered that RC changed another couple in our group as well. The remaining couple was not moved. So now, we are all separated, on different decks. RC never notified any of us of any changes, I just happened to notice. The ocean view balcony rooms are sold out now. Our travel agent is working with RC to see why and if anything can be done to fix this issue. I am absolutely livid! Any advice? 

were the two changed cabins upgrades?

4 minutes ago, KelSny1011 said:

Did all 3 parties receive a guest reservation invoice from RC after the agent booked the requested rooms?  

We don’t receive one from RC, just from travel agent. RC had them all listed correctly   Initially. 

2 minutes ago, Cynrey said:

Oasis of the Seas, Dec 8, 2019

Wow, looks like all ocean view balcony rooms are sold out on that cruise.

I would definitely suggest trying to get on a conference call with your travel agent and Royal Caribbean

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I definitely think you need to get on a 3 way call with your travel agent.  Gut feeling is that travel agent didn't book it correctly.  I have always booked directly with RC and have never had them take my room away to give to another guest. 

Maybe your agent did the "Guarantee room" option where you get a balcony room but it's subjected to change all the way up to your cruise.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

were the two changed cabins upgrades?

RCI would not have notified you since you opted to book with a TA. Did you at any point after you made the booking with your TA check RCI's website to verify your cabin numbers and booking. I know you probably assumed everything was correct but apparently it wasn't. Unless this was a GTY option your TA booked I see no reason why RCI would change cabins? I also would want a three-way call...and if your TA won't do this...that's a "red flag". Best of luck !!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

RCI would not have notified you since you opted to book with a TA. Did you at any point after you made the booking with your TA check RCI's website to verify your cabin numbers and booking. I know you probably assumed everything was correct but apparently it wasn't. Unless this was a GTY option your TA booked I see no reason why RCI would change cabins? I also would want a three-way call...and if your TA won't do this...that's a "red flag". Best of luck !!

Yes, a few days after booking we were all in the correct cabins on RC website

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Unless this was a GTY option your TA booked I see no reason why RCI would change cabins? 

We have threads a few times a year (like this one) where someone gets moved, has nothing to do with GTY booking. The reason for the three way call is because RCI and TA want to blame each other for the move and do nothing for the customer.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

We have threads a few times a year (like this one) where someone gets moved, has nothing to do with GTY booking. The reason for the three way call is because RCI and TA want to blame each other for the move and do nothing for the customer.

Or their C&A members and  and on their accounts have opted for the upgrade. What you might consider and upgrade and what RCI considers are entirely different.

I would want to hear them blame each other as to who has the better story and hash out any compensation on the spot !!

• Like 1

RCI will likely have sent and updated copy of the reservation to your TA when the room changed. Your TA has not sent it on to you.

As others have said, you need to get the 2 of them on a 3 way call with you to find out why it changed. RCI are the only ones who can provide a reason why the room has changed on their system.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Or their C&A members and on their accounts have opted for the upgrade.

Not only are free upgrades gone since Royal Up, the OP said they were moved from mid ship to aft - unlikely that would be a category upgrade, even for RCI.

• Like 1

I had booked a Js after final payment. Totally happy with a Js. I paid got off the phone with the ta. Within 5 minutes they called back and said no js were available. They had contacted Rc and said the room had been double booked. In the end they upgraded us to a grand suite. If they don’t give your rooms back ask for an upgrade if you can be closer together. It is nice having the balconies opened. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Not only are free upgrades gone since Royal Up, the OP said they were moved from mid ship to aft - unlikely that would be a category upgrade, even for RCI.

I know but...RCI's system works in strange ways as you also know.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

I had booked a Js after final payment. Totally happy with a Js. I paid got off the phone with the ta. Within 5 minutes they called back and said no js were available. They had contacted Rc and said the room had been double booked. In the end they upgraded us to a grand suite. If they don’t give your rooms back ask for an upgrade if you can be closer together. It is nice having the balconies opened. 

You're lucky...sometimes it works having a 3rd party involved...sometimes not and this may be the problem for the OP.

Royal sent  notification to travel agents with bookings on Oasis for the fall that certain reservations were closed to modifications for 3 weeks in June as they recategorized some staterooms.  This had to do with occupancy levels at individual muster stations and the addition of the new cabins.  

I’m guessing that your relocation was due to this.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I booked a specific Oasis 2020 boardwalk balcony (the cabin closest to the aqua theatre) when it was first released. Then I happened to notice this week that it went to GTY. Now travel agent says my original cabin is no longer available. I got $100 OBC from RC for the mistake, which I guess is better than nothing. What is going on with RC? Well, at least I got the $18 drink package for this and two other 2020 sailings. But, I’m constantly going on line now to check my upcoming cruises.

• Like 2

Happened to us too, on Monday I just happened to look at my reservation for December 15 to find one of two cabins had been switched to guarantee cabin.  Apparently they are recategorizing some cabins and ours was changed to something else & we got the boot.  Travel agent managed to find us 2 together on a different deck & not really mid ship.  

I'm not pleased...I really wanted deck 8 just off Central Park.   

I'm even less pleased that we weren't notified and who knows what we would have ended up with.

I got distracted by this and never got to find out if the $18 beverage package was available 😞