RC changed my room

29 minutes ago, nelblu said:

... Does anyone know if the ressies are linked will I be able to see all cabins numbers.

I don't recall seeing other stateroom numbers when bookings are linked.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

After reading this thread, although it has never happened to me, I'm a bit concerned.  I guess I have to call them periodically.

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

After reading this thread, although it has never happened to me, I'm a bit concerned.  I guess I have to call them periodically.

If you are booked with a travel agent, they can keep you informed about all the stateroom numbers.

On 7/3/2019 at 9:11 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal sent  notification to travel agents with bookings on Oasis for the fall that certain reservations were closed to modifications for 3 weeks in June as they recategorized some staterooms.  This had to do with occupancy levels at individual muster stations and the addition of the new cabins.  

I’m guessing that your relocation was due to this.  

As I read your comment it makes me think about the new cabins that are being added that will most likely cause this change. Ken, as always you have the info. 

This reminds me of several years ago when Royal revitalized (old word for "amped") the Vision class ships.  They added staterooms around the centrum, replacing lounges that had expansive ocean views.  On one of the ships, Royal renumbered all the staterooms aft of the centrum.  So existing bookings kept their same stateroom numbers, but didn't realize that the locations were different.  Those that had corner aft or aft staterooms now had side facing staterooms. What a fiasco.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Maybe it's too early in the AM, but I should have followed my own instructions before posing the question.  Went back to my cruises and on each linked ressie clicked  "view more details" and the cabin #s are reflected to each linked reservation.   However, tried 3 times and can't seem to link one final ressie.  Will try again later.

I also noticed my room changed to guarantee. My travel agent called in and was told our room was re-classified to hold 3 people. Supposedly they are going to be moving anyone this happened to, to a higher category room. The person my travel agent spoke with said the room should be reassigned in a month, and if I don’t like the new location I can call in and have it moved. When I pointed out that I paid more to pick my room vs getting a guaranteed room originally, she gave me a line that I can change my room location and wouldn’t have been able to with a normal guarantee room. 

28 minutes ago, Techie_Chick said:

I also noticed my room changed to guarantee. My travel agent called in and was told our room was re-classified to hold 3 people. Supposedly they are going to be moving anyone this happened to, to a higher category room. The person my travel agent spoke with said the room should be reassigned in a month, and if I don’t like the new location I can call in and have it moved. When I pointed out that I paid more to pick my room vs getting a guaranteed room originally, she gave me a line that I can change my room location and wouldn’t have been able to with a normal guarantee room. 

We have changed our assigned cabins for guarantee RCCL bookings  to another same category cabin more to our liking many times so the above  statement  that your travel agent told you isn't actually correct for an NA booking.

Edited by robtulipe
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Techie_Chick said:

Your TA just lied to you.  Of course you could have changed your room after receiving room assignment.  People do it all the time within the same category.  Did you point that out to your TA?  Maybe an offer of $200 ($100 pp) of OBC might be sufficient compensation. Something should be done for you anyways.

18 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Totally unnecessary. You paid for the room. They can't sell it to someone else

If he booked directly with the hotel, that's probably the case though not necessarily so.  

I have had hotels (two different places under two different sets of circumstances) sell rooms out from under me.  

The first we booked through a third party site. I had a reservation number. I had called the hotel to make sure the room was booked and they assured me it was.   We arrived and were told because we arrived late, they had cancelled our room due to overbooking and since we booked through a third-party site,  we were subject to losing our room.  We had to travel almost another 50 miles to find another hotel with a vacancy.  Thankfully we were driving on our journey and hadn't flown in on a late flight.  Having to worry with a taxi or Uber would just have added another expense. 

Second time, I booked direct with a hotel that we have stayed in many times.  We had three rooms- one for my husband and I, one for my parents and one for my brother, SIL and their daughters.   Brother, SIL and daughters called us shortly before we checked in to let us know they were having some car trouble and would be delayed as they were having to rent a car and pick it up before they could leave.  They anticipated they would arrive in the wee hours of the morning. We went ahead and confirmed that they were coming but let the desk know they would be checking in late.   Hotel personnel indicated they understood and the room was set aside.   We were awakened at 2 a.m. by a phone call from my brother telling us they were going to have to stay somewhere else because the room had been given to someone else.   I had to get up and go down to the front desk and try to sort it out.   There was no sorting it out and to add insult to injury, they had double dipped. They charged my card for my brother's room even though they had given it to someone else.    We just doubled up in our room.  I wasn't having my brother have to look for a room at 2 a.m. with 2 small children.  

So just because you have paid for the room doesn't mean they can't or won't sell it out from under you. 

1 hour ago, Techie_Chick said:

is cost of guarantee lower than you are paying?

44 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Your TA just lied to you.  Of course you could have changed your room after receiving room assignment.  People do it all the time within the same category.  Did you point that out to your TA?  Maybe an offer of $200 ($100 pp) of OBC might be sufficient compensation. Something should be done for you anyways.

From the TA? Why? Not their fault they were moved

10 minutes ago, legaljen1969 said:

If he booked directly with the hotel, that's probably the case though not necessarily so.  

I have had hotels (two different places under two different sets of circumstances) sell rooms out from under me.  

The first we booked through a third party site. I had a reservation number. I had called the hotel to make sure the room was booked and they assured me it was.   We arrived and were told because we arrived late, they had cancelled our room due to overbooking and since we booked through a third-party site,  we were subject to losing our room.  We had to travel almost another 50 miles to find another hotel with a vacancy.  Thankfully we were driving on our journey and hadn't flown in on a late flight.  Having to worry with a taxi or Uber would just have added another expense. 

Second time, I booked direct with a hotel that we have stayed in many times.  We had three rooms- one for my husband and I, one for my parents and one for my brother, SIL and their daughters.   Brother, SIL and daughters called us shortly before we checked in to let us know they were having some car trouble and would be delayed as they were having to rent a car and pick it up before they could leave.  They anticipated they would arrive in the wee hours of the morning. We went ahead and confirmed that they were coming but let the desk know they would be checking in late.   Hotel personnel indicated they understood and the room was set aside.   We were awakened at 2 a.m. by a phone call from my brother telling us they were going to have to stay somewhere else because the room had been given to someone else.   I had to get up and go down to the front desk and try to sort it out.   There was no sorting it out and to add insult to injury, they had double dipped. They charged my card for my brother's room even though they had given it to someone else.    We just doubled up in our room.  I wasn't having my brother have to look for a room at 2 a.m. with 2 small children.  

So just because you have paid for the room doesn't mean they can't or won't sell it out from under you. 

If you think you need to call because of the site you booked on, you must not have trusted it in the first place. I guess I wouldn't have done that. I'd say it's pretty rare that a hotel gives away a paid room just because you are late. By the way, what is late?

1 minute ago, cruisinfanatic said:

If you think you need to call because of the site you booked on, you must not have trusted it in the first place. I guess I wouldn't have done that. I'd say it's pretty rare that a hotel gives away a paid room just because you are late. By the way, what is late?

I had completely trusted the third-party site until I was advised by someone else to double check because they had a similar experience.  So I called the hotel just to see and they assured me they had my booking.  

In the first instance "late" was 9 p.m.  not really that "late." I had called to let them know we were running late because we were in a terrible traffic snarl and we thought it might be 11 p.m. or later when we got there.  When we arrived at 9, the room had already been resold.  

And in the second instance, I already said how late "late" was, but that we had told the front desk it might well be the very late/early hours 12-3 a.m.  I had gone ahead and paid for the room so it wouldn't get cancelled in the second instance, but they still went ahead and let someone else have it.  Completely shady. 

3 minutes ago, legaljen1969 said:

I had completely trusted the third-party site until I was advised by someone else to double check because they had a similar experience.  So I called the hotel just to see and they assured me they had my booking.  

In the first instance "late" was 9 p.m.  not really that "late." I had called to let them know we were running late because we were in a terrible traffic snarl and we thought it might be 11 p.m. or later when we got there.  When we arrived at 9, the room had already been resold.  

And in the second instance, I already said how late "late" was, but that we had told the front desk it might well be the very late/early hours 12-3 a.m.  I had gone ahead and paid for the room so it wouldn't get cancelled in the second instance, but they still went ahead and let someone else have it.  Completely shady. 

what hotels?

17 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

From the TA? Why? Not their fault they were moved

No it's their fault they lied.  They need to make them more than whole for the loss of their room they paid for...  they need to make up for treating like rubes and lying to them and telling them that with a GTY they wouldn't be able to change cabins.  My suspicion is that this TA has screwed up somehow and is trying to cover it up.  Why else would they lie like that they want the OP to think that they are somehow better off with a GTY cabin with having tot grant compensation.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

No it's their fault they lied.  They need to make them more than whole for the loss of their room they paid for...  they need to make up for treating like rubes and lying to them and telling them that with a GTY they wouldn't be able to change cabins.  My suspicion is that this TA has screwed up somehow and is trying to cover it up.  Why else would they lie like that they want the OP to think that they are somehow better off with a GTY cabin with having tot grant compensation.

A lot of folks are saying this is hitting people who booked Oasis for after the upcoming dry dock. If someone lied, it's RCI, probably not the TA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robtulipe said:

she gave me a line that I can change my room location and wouldn’t have been able to with a normal guarantee room. 

30 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

A lot of folks are saying this is hitting people who booked Oasis for after the upcoming dry dock. If someone lied, it's RCI, probably not the TA.

Nope, whatever the reason.  The one lying is the TA.  The line about not being able to change room locations on a std GTY booking is a complete fabrication.  Either that or the TA is really really stupid.

Edited by Tree_skier

2 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

is cost of guarantee lower than you are paying?

Room prices have gone up since I booked it, so it isn’t lower than what I paid. Back when I booked it though, guaranteed rooms were cheaper than choose your room. 

For everyone saying the travel agent was less than honest, I kind of figured what she was saying wasn’t right. I wouldn’t know what to call back and say though, other than calling her a liar. And my non-confrontational side wouldn’t allow me to do that. I’m just going to hope she’s right about the higher category room assignments, and that I get something in a good location. If not hopefully I can get moved somewhere better. Can’t say I’m happy about the situation though. 

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

There are a lot of TA's that think you can't moved an assigned guaranty cabin. Certainly doesn't mean they lied. Because of this, the problem is all the TA's fault? It's probably not

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Techie_Chick said:

Room prices have gone up since I booked it, so it isn’t lower than what I paid. Back when I booked it though, guaranteed rooms were cheaper than choose your room. 

For everyone saying the travel agent was less than honest, I kind of figured what she was saying wasn’t right. I wouldn’t know what to call back and say though, other than calling her a liar. And my non-confrontational side wouldn’t allow me to do that. I’m just going to hope she’s right about the higher category room assignments, and that I get something in a good location. If not hopefully I can get moved somewhere better. Can’t say I’m happy about the situation though. 

What type of guarantee do you have now? Is it Oceanview guarantee, Neighborhood guarantee or just balcony guarantee? And what was the exact category you paid for?

Edited by The Sunset Glow

3 minutes ago, The Sunset Glow said:

What type of guarantee do you have now? Is it Oceanview guarantee, Neighborhood guarantee or just balcony guarantee? And what was the exact category you paid for?

It just says GTY for the room. It doesn’t tell me what type of guarantee. The category I paid for was 8D Oceanview balcony. 

2 minutes ago, Techie_Chick said:

It just says GTY for the room. It doesn’t tell me what type of guarantee. The category I paid for was 8D Oceanview balcony. 

As far as I've heard so far, your TA has told you as much as they can until Royal assigns your cabin. Nothing lied about at all. I've had Royal Caribbean agents tell me that guaranties can't be changed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Techie_Chick said:

That would really concern me because if it's just a balcony gty then technically they could put you in a central park or boardwalk balcony. I'd be getting that fixed for sure. You should request a 3 way call with your TA and RCI to sort it out. No hiding anyone's "lies" then if there are any.

1 hour ago, The Sunset Glow said:

That would really concern me because if it's just a balcony gty then technically they could put you in a central park or boardwalk balcony. I'd be getting that fixed for sure. You should request a 3 way call with your TA and RCI to sort it out. No hiding anyone's "lies" then if there are any.

When I booked an ocean view balcony GTY on Anthem, the RCL agent told me that it was 5D type and located Aft section and  between deck 8-12.  When my cabin was assigned it was deck 12, cabin # 302 Aft ocean view balcony.

When  the Op originally booked  it was  an 8D ocean view balcony and not a GTY cabin.  Also, initially, it costs a lot more than the CP or BW balconies.   Although these cabins do come with nice proms.  If the OP gets screwed he/she should demand a refund or sizeable OBCs.