Port Valet didn’t work

chicopaige

My husband and I got off the Amsterdam Monday in Seattle and we were excited to use Port Valet.  When we arrived at our home airport, my bag had arrived, but my husband did not.

We went to Southwest baggage agent and they showed no record of receiving our bag.

Port Valet also showed no record of picking up the bag.  I then called Holland America and they directed me to email them the information.  I did, but have yet to hear anything.  Does anyone have any advice as to how I should proceed?

I used this service last year, too.  Prior to the cruise, I called 1-877-847-0045 with a question.  (Port Valet is the same as Luggage Direct, only it's free in Seattle).

I had an issue with my tag last year when we were packing and had to get the front desk to re-print it.  I hope between Port Valet and HAL, you will get the bag back.

All the Best!

Not having used this service before, since there is a site to track your bags, would they have shown up on the site prior to leaving the ship or even the city?  If they did, it would be an easy way to make sure they are at least logged in the system.

45 minutes ago, DougandEric said:

Not having used this service before, since there is a site to track your bags, would they have shown up on the site prior to leaving the ship or even the city?  If they did, it would be an easy way to make sure they are at least logged in the system.

This was going to be my question as well.  I have used this service in the past with no issue and would like to on my upcoming cruise, and it would be great to be able to track from the very beginning, although I guess you are still taking a chance the minute you put your suitcase in the hallway...

On Port Valet’s tracker, my bag shows up with the tag number and the message “Your bag has been delivered to the airport and checked by Southwest.”  I receive this bag at my home airport right after I departed my flight.

Port Valet tracker shows my husband’s name but nothing else. No tracker number, or anything else.

i believe his bag was never picked up by Port Valet.  I am hoping it is locked in a room at the Seattle Port.

Both Port Valet and Southwest have been great and very responsive, even though they haven’t been able to locate my bag.  I called Holland America Monday and they told me to email a claim form.  I did Monday no response.  I resent it Wednesday still no response.  I will call again tomorrow.

My husband and I also got off the Amsterdam 7-1 and used PV as we have many times.  Our luggage arrived at our home airport w/o a problem as it has many times  in the past using this service.  I always worry about this and will keep the contacts noted in this thread.

Chicopaige...I am so sorry to hear that you are missing a bag and hope that it is recovered soon. Not a good way to end a great cruise. I am pleased to read of the responses that you have received from both HAL & PV.

This makes me think that next time we will take a close up photo of the tag on the bag.

Sorry the bag is MIA.  One of the reasons I try my best to never have to trust my bag to anyone and assume it'll arrive where it is supposed to go.  

Taking a photo of the tag is a great idea!  And, take a photo of the bag - you'll have both to help find the bag should this happen again.

Last winter, our hotel received a bag from the airline delivery service.  The bag was actually supposed to go to someone who flew to AUSTRALIA, not Utah!!!!  Not even sure how that one went so wrong...