7-4-19 Happy 4th of July! Enjoy!

Belle

Pacruise804, I want to increase my walking to 3/4 mile. Maybe an incline or 2 depending on the route .... no idea if I have to stop part way thru but that's my plan. I should probably plan meals for the week but I still have 4 in the freezer so no rush

• Like 1

Pac I was kidding, my house was alright.  You know you always want it better.

Was a couple of things I wanted to do but didn't get it done.

We had a nice visit and lunch today. We met when we we're 19 working at the same

insurance company before either one of us were married. She's lucky still has her husband.

We were talking about the the things the 4 of us use to do. Memories. My daughter was off today

and got to see them. Been a few years since she saw them.  So a good day for all.

Wishing everyone a good Wed.

• Like 2

Ombud and pacruise, you are both doing well. Great on the exercise and meal planning.

Belle, right, people come to see you, not your house. Don't worry about it........

My hubby's job he got in January ended this past Saturday (his post-retirement job). They were hounding him too much on sales. Wasn't a good fit. So now we are both retired again. He likes to eat out a lot, not good for my hips!

I try to balance that out with salads at other meals, etc.

We'll see how that affects me tomorrow.....

Have good day, Diana

giphy.gif

Well hello all...

I think I got my head in the right place and am feeling focused enough to stay on the wagon and get back to healthy habits.

Lot's of excuses - but really it's just from being tired and lazy during many events:  Moved across town, Dad battling cancer, Mom losing her memory, new meds for me, work is stupid busy, etc - just life in general.

Monday I weighed in at 237 - heaviest I've been by far over the past 5 years.  Going low carb/low calorie, 18/6 eating schedule with a goal of 200 by Thanksgiving.  I know it sounds aggressive, but in the past that was about the rate things went.

So eating is going well, next is getting the gym back into the schedule.  Way too hot to ride or exercise outside (no more pool so that's not an option) so for now it's been working on the new-to-us (used) house.

On a more positive note - went to Montana for 2 weeks to help out my MIL - she's pushing 80 and needed some painting and repairs done so that was good exercise, along with some side trips to Butte and Glacier Park.  Gratuitous pics attached.

Feels good to be back on track - look forward to learning who's new, who's still battling, etc.

IMG_20190630_151642-01.jpeg

IMG_20190702_114149-01.jpeg

IMG_20190702_121155-01.jpeg

Edited by shootr
  • Like 3

shootr WELCOME Back. Good to see you!  Sorry your going through a rough time with parents.

That's what both my parents problems and had to move them by me. Is that why you moved to be by them?

I loved your pool at your old house. How's your dog and your wife. Maybe not the right order to ask

that question. :classic_smile:

Glad you haven't given up on losing weight and getting healthy Like I said we can never give up and

I'm glad you didn't and your back with us. Plus we miss all the pictures you show us. Love the waterfall.

Mike if reading..see shootr came back...now your turn..no matter if losing, gaining or maintaining.

We miss you too.

16 hours ago, Belle said:

shootr WELCOME Back. Good to see you!  Sorry your going through a rough time with parents.

That's what both my parents problems and had to move them by me. Is that why you moved to be by them?

I loved your pool at your old house. How's your dog and your wife. Maybe not the right order to ask

that question. :classic_smile:

Glad you haven't given up on losing weight and getting healthy Like I said we can never give up and

I'm glad you didn't and your back with us. Plus we miss all the pictures you show us. Love the waterfall.

Mike if reading..see shootr came back...now your turn..no matter if losing, gaining or maintaining.

We miss you too.

Haha, that's funny - dog and wife doing well. 

Won't come into the hot tub though lol. 

IMG_20190710_195027-01.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you all for the kind "welcome backs", appreciate it. 

Finished up a fresh brisket last night so it should last me a week or two. Smoking meats is my new favorite hobby. 

There is absolutely nothing in the house I can cheat with - but so far the cravings for garbage hasn't really been a problem. 

IMG_20190710_202543-01-01.jpeg

Your dog is gorgeous 😍Is he/she a pit?

The meat looks great too.  I'm working to get rid of the unhealthy foods in the house - we have enough functions throughout each month for cheats I don't need to contribute by having junk at home.  The problem is finishing up a round of prednisone and being hungry ALL.THE.TIME and even "good" foods can pack the calories if I have too much.