Information in the mail?

mzungu369

Do Cunard send out an information pack, tickets, luggage labels, etc in the mail? We can download the stuff from the VP but wondering if we can also expect it in the mail. We sail from NY to Southampton on QE in under 3 weeks but leave for NY well ahead of that. Not bothered if there isn't a mailout but just like to know what to expect.

Marcus and Wendy

You must download the ticket/boarding pass from the Voyage Personalizer.

They send a bound book with cruise information about 5-7 weeks before embarkation which has three luggage tags in the back, but you can also print tags from the Personalizer. Since I also like to stick a tag inside a suitcase I just print them out.

If you're 3 weeks from embarkation and haven't received the book you probably should print the tags out from the Personalizer. 

The bound book's best use is that it has shore excursion descriptions and prices organized by port, but that is of little or no use on a crossing.

Your VP gives you the option to go paperless or not.

If you download everything, then they will not send the hard copies (with pre-printed labels), so it's best just to wait and get the booklet, as described above, which usually arrives 3-4 weeks in advance

Stewart

I do believe that only those who have purchased a “full”fare ticket, receive a travel booklet/document, if the one has never pressed the “paperless” option on the VP. This has been the system for some time in the UK, but it seems there are anomalies to Cunard T&C’s depending in which country you book.

In your time frame now, I would print you labels etc from the VP, and go and have a great voyage!

Thanks everyone for your kind responses. We had already printed our e-tickets and luggage labels so that probably explains why we haven't got anything in the mail. 

Very excited about our first ever ocean cruise and 50th wedding anniversary onboard.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

I do believe that only those who have purchased a “full”fare ticket, receive a travel booklet/document, if the one has never pressed the “paperless” option on the VP. This has been the system for some time in the UK, but it seems there are anomalies to Cunard T&C’s depending in which country you book.

In your time frame now, I would print you labels etc from the VP, and go and have a great voyage!

We certainly received a booklet for our cruise earlier this year that was booked on an early saver. No tags though as we hadn't been allocated a cabin by then. We are in the UK by the way. And we already have our next one for a cruise leaving in 9 weeks. With tags attached.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We don't have "saver" fares in Canada and the U.S. but there is no apparent consistency in whether we get a booklet or not. For our three voyages in 2016 and 2017 we did not. I was surprised to get one this year for our Alaska cruise. It went to the travel agent who forwarded it to us.