Recommendation for Copenhagen hotel

We are doing a round trip Baltics from Copenhagen next June on the Sky Princess. I'm looking for a reasonably priced hotel that sleeps 3 since we will be traveling with our teenaged son. Something that is close to general touristy activities would be great. TIA.

We stayed at the Wakeup Borgegade and thought it was great.  The location is the best—within walking distance of Nyhavn, Stroget, Tivoli, etc.  They have both large rooms for 3 people and connecting rooms for a family (if you want more space and privacy).  The breakfast buffet is an extra charge of about $15 but so worth it!  The rooms may not be large, but they are clean, comfortable and quiet (if you opt for an upper floor.) 

One consideration when booking hotels in Copenhagen (and Northern Europe) is that not all hotels have air conditioning, because the weather is typically more temperate in that region. So if A/C is important to you, read the descriptions carefully when choosing a hotel.

We just stayed at the little Hotel Tiffany.  It was great for us.  Very reasonably priced and just minutes from the central train station and Tivoli Gardens.  Lots of restaurants in the neighborhood.  Close to Christianborg Palace and a nice walk to a canal where you can pick up a hop on hop off cruise to Nyhaven.  They have a very little kitchenette with a table and chairs in the rooms.  The room refrigerators have a basket with fruit and juices for the next morning's included continental breakfast.  In  the morning fresh (warm) breads and a Danish are hanging in a bag on a hook outside your door.  It's very handy if you're trying to get in as much as possible before boarding a cruise!  If you book it, go directly to the hotel web site rather than through a third party and receive a little snack when you arrive.  https://www.hoteltiffany.dk/en/

We stayed at the Scandic Webers two weeks ago.  It was easy to take the train from the airport and make the short walk to the hotel.  After reading reviews, I booked a “superior” room because my husband is tall and I wanted to avoid an odd shaped room. The hotel is air conditioned and very close to major attractions such as Tivoli.  The breakfast was great and had a large variety of foods.  The hotel arranged a taxi to the port for us and another couple. The taxi took credit cards and cost about $40. We were very pleased with the hotel.

https://www.scandichotels.com/webers

I just arrived in Copenhagen and stored my luggage at Hotel Bethel waiting for my room. While it is true that they have an elevator, it doesn’t go to the street level for the entrance. You walk up half a flight of stairs to reception.

On 7/5/2019 at 7:06 AM, fluffybunny22 said:

We are doing a round trip Baltics from Copenhagen next June on the Sky Princess. I'm looking for a reasonably priced hotel that sleeps 3 since we will be traveling with our teenaged son. Something that is close to general touristy activities would be great. TIA.

So are you looking for 2 doubles or 2 Queens?  Or three twins?  We are looking for 2 doubles or 2 queens so interested in responses as well.  

On 7/13/2019 at 1:38 PM, gnome12 said:

I just arrived in Copenhagen and stored my luggage at Hotel Bethel waiting for my room. While it is true that they have an elevator, it doesn’t go to the street level for the entrance. You walk up half a flight of stairs to reception.

I will correct my own post. Currently, there is construction affecting the main entrance and courtyard, which necessitates climbing about 10 steps from the street to reception. When the construction is done, it looks like you enter the courtyard, cross it to the elevator which will take you to all floors. So if you are worried check with them concerning your exact dates.

By the way, they have been very friendly and helpful.

On 7/13/2019 at 8:04 PM, milolii said:

So are you looking for 2 doubles or 2 Queens?  Or three twins?  We are looking for 2 doubles or 2 queens so interested in responses as well.  

we are 3 travelling together too. We are trying to find a hotel that can sleep 3. Didn't realize how hard it would be. We want 3 twins. Hoping to find something.

We stayed at the Absalon Hotel, which is very close to the central train station and Tivoli.  We were in a triple, and it was very nice (but I think an upgraded room).  There was a queen sized bed, a bathroom, and then a small room with a twin bed and its own door.  Terrific included breakfast as well.  It wasn't cheap, but also was not out of line for Copenhagen.  

3 hours ago, csr10236 said:

we are 3 travelling together too. We are trying to find a hotel that can sleep 3. Didn't realize how hard it would be. We want 3 twins. Hoping to find something.

I doubt you will ever find 3 twins. 

On 7/13/2019 at 5:38 AM, gnome12 said:

Hi gnome,

Did you like the hotel Bethel?  We are looking to book the "family room" since we have kids with us and it seemed reasonable.  How was the breakfast?

Edited by cheermom2four
misspelled word

31 minutes ago, cheermom2four said:

Hi gnome,

Did you like the hotel Bethel?  We are looking to book the "family room" since we have kids with us and it seemed reasonable.  How was the breakfast?

They have been very friendly. I’ve been very comfortable. I was a bit warm the first night, but after that with the window open I was fine. There was a fan in the closet I didn’t use. 

As to the breakfast, what is missing for me is yogurt. I’m a yogurt and cereal person and I have missed it. Otherwise, it is a fairly nice buffet, although a little awkward to maneuver around the island the food is on. 

Got to go, leaving for Edinburgh now. 

On 7/13/2019 at 11:04 PM, milolii said:

We are looking for 2 queens. Right now I have Hotel Tiffany booked which is a queen with a what appears to be a foldable twin.