GT Snorkeling Excursion Suggestions

Haveuseen1

Looks like we will be at GT in September on the Elation, and the only boat in port.  That being said we are looking to do a snorkeling excursion and are having difficulty deciding on which one.

Hoping you can share some of your experiences.

If we book through Carnival our options are:

Ray, Conch, and Reef

Reef, Rays, and Beach

Power Snorkel, Rays, Lunch, Rum, and Beach

Snuba

Two Reef Snorkel and Beach

Our initial thought was to snorkel in the morning and then head to Jacks Shack for lunch, and then back to the boat.  But we are open to suggestions that you can share from your experiences.

Thanks

I always avoid booking through the ship as much as possible. You can find better deals, more personalized service, and usually better excursions through private operators. Plus I like supporting the locals. We did an excursion of with Exclusive Escapes this past April. They were great! They have a few different packages to choose from. We chose one of the smaller packages that only took 2 hours. Afterwards we then walked to Jack's shack for lunch, hung out on the beach, then did a little shopping at the port.   I highly recommend them! 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bring your own snorkeling equipment and walk about a km south of the cruise port where there is a undeveloped beach with a reef just off shore. 

Last trip all of the ship based snorkeling tours were canceled because of the waves, however I went with my daughter and had a great time. It was a little cloudy, but not excessively so. 

You could also do a 2 reef snorkel and Gibbs Caye Island with Grand Turk Diving. They take you to the reef and drop off wall (right on the other side of the cruise ship where it's docked) and then over to Gibbs for awhile and there are stingrays that come right up to the beach. It's a beautiful primitive island and makes for a great day with less the crowd and probably less money.

Here's my review of it with tons of pictures CLICK HERE

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:21 PM, joeyjpaul said:

Bring your own snorkeling equipment and walk about a km south of the cruise port where there is a undeveloped beach with a reef just off shore. 

Last trip all of the ship based snorkeling tours were canceled because of the waves, however I went with my daughter and had a great time. It was a little cloudy, but not excessively so. 

Very rocky there and yes sea life but nothing compared to the reef snorkels. follow mitsugirly's suggestion of Grand Turk Diving.

https://gtdiving.com/