(Amber Cove) Mama Iguana Tours

centerpoint

Hi,

I have purchased the ATV excursion with Iguana Mama.  We will be there at the end of July.  I booked with them because of the great reviews I saw here, but also at Trip Advisor.  After booking we had some changes in our group size; when I emailed them I received a quick response (from an actual human!) and everything was handled very quickly.  I even got a refund since our group was now smaller and I didn't even ask for that.  They have been wonderful to work with via email, so I am hoping for a fun excursion.  I can come back here and let you know how everything went.

I booked a private tour with them in September for my wife & I when we arrive on the Sunrise.

Cable Car first thing, maybe a few other quick stops and then to private beach for a nice lunch and few drinks.

They are very responsive to your emails..dealt with Lidia.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, thesmiths said:

Thanks thesmiths!  Ours is in November - but I can't make up my mind which excursion I want to do!

I booked a private tour with them in September for my wife & I when we arrive on the Sunrise.

Cable Car first thing, maybe a few other quick stops and then to private beach for a nice lunch and few drinks.

They are very responsive to your emails..dealt with Lidia.

14 hours ago, centerpoint said:

Thanks thesmiths!  Ours is in November - but I can't make up my mind which excursion I want to do! 

If we could have we would have done the 27 Waterfalls of Damajagua through them. That looks like a blast.

(My wifes hip from a car accident wouldn't allow it)

I just looked at the site again and they have a lot of good ones.

The ATV tour was excellent!!!  Very good guides, and tasty lunch on the beach with some swim time.  Be sure to bring goggles and bandanna for a mask as it is very dusty.   Do be prepared for a long walk from the ship to their meeting place. Or get the pedal cab on the pier and then a taxi as soon as you can to the meeting point if your group will be cranky about that.  I was the group planner and had listen to DH gripe about the walk in the heat 🙄. So on the way back we grabbed a cab from the drop off point into the pier area.  They do not pay CCL the fees to meet inside the pier area.  Which I am fine with as CCLs control over who can access these manufactured ports is really annoying to me (same issues in Roatan and Grand Turk).  

• Like 1

Hi knb,

Thanks so much for posting this! We have this same tour booked in two weeks. I was just thinking about how we would get to the meeting point and getting a bit nervous about that. We are on carnival, so once I exit the port, should I get a cab? If I do, what destination do I give the driver? Thanks so much for the help!!

VaBaseballmom

You’ll need to walk out through the shopping area, the you will see buses and then cabs. Everybody knows everybody there just tell them to take you to the Mama Iguana meeting point. We just kept asking and everyone would just point and say” keep going”😄.  It’s a long walk just from the ship to the bus and cab area and another long walk to the main gate and then the meeting point. We were a little late to the ATV staging area so I’d recommend the cab option.  Other than the walk we had a great time! Don’t forget bandannas and goggles. Sunglasses were not sufficient to keep the dust out of my contact lenses.  Bring some cash if you want to buy the local cigars, coffee or vanilla. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We signed up for the 27 waterfalls in October 2018. On the day of our excursion, because of low rainfall, our 27 waterfalls was reduced to 12 and we received a refund of the difference within 24 of our tour date. The guides were great, the ride to the Waterfalls (which is a part of a National Park) was on a "Greyhound" type bus. There are lockers for rent at the start/end point and bathrooms were clean and basic. The lunch served was fine and filling. The hike was steep but so worth it. They do take rest breaks and provide water a long the way. The guides were good & entertaining on the ride there & back. If you chicken out of the highest jump, like I did, no biggie. They will show you how to climb down to get with the rest of the group. I did the next highest jump though. We didn't pay for a photographer. I do wish I had pictures of my hubby & son jumping or me being a chicken.:classic_biggrin: Bring your own go-pro or waterproof camera. Just know you could lose it jumping off! Someone in our group lost their waterproof camera & it was tied to their life vest. Another group coming up behind us found it & returned it to them.

It was an exciting tour and we highly recommend it to others when they mention Amber Cove.