Insulated cup

Seems like there was a similar thread, or deja vu all over again.  

I have a 20 oz Yeti tumbler that is fantastic.  It keeps coffee pipping hot for a long long time.   Almost too hot so you have to be careful.  I don't take it on cruises but use it all the time when out on the lake.  

I think those bubba cups are just imitations of the iconic 7-Eleven Big Gulp cup (avail on amazon).   😀 

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

But when someone feels the need to declare that they boycott some company in an innocuous thread about insulated mugs,  it begs the question why.

I also boycott a number of companies, religious institutions, sports teams and asinine 'reality' TV shows and welcome any questions why, should I declare the specific ones to the internet universe.

Only if you feel the need to share or to  even justify your decision.

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Only if you feel the need to share or to  even justify your decision.

The poster felt the need to share, and I felt the need to ask why. Presto, both needs were fulfilled!

BTW, what's a care cup? ( and no worries, I won't ask you to justify why you use them.😉)

28 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

The poster felt the need to share, and I felt the need to ask why. Presto, both needs were fulfilled!

BTW, what's a care cup? ( and no worries, I won't ask you to justify why you use them.😉)

They come in differing designs and sizes but essentially a reusable cup for travelling.

care.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthernIllnoiscruisers said:

Not real sure how my simple question got so off topic.  Good grief people, I just asked a simple question on what cup everyone brings.  Can we please stay on topic.  Your opinions on how companies run there businesses can be posted elsewhere not on my question. Thank you. 

You must not have spent much time on Cruise Critic.  😀😀😀

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ldubs said:

You must not have spent much time on Cruise Critic.  😀😀😀

23 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

May 2012, not that recent.

But only 61 posts so far. Still a rookie and aren't rookies so delightful with their naivety? 😀

Now back to the OP's original question........

... maybe.

2 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

But only 61 posts so far. Still a rookie and aren't rookies so delightful with their naivety? 😀

... maybe.

I'm curious.  I am and have been on a number of boards over the years and was not aware that the OP has control over it once posted.  Is that correct?

Edited by clo

17 minutes ago, clo said:

I'm curious.  I am and have been on a number of boards over the years and was not aware that the OP has control over it once posted.  Is that correct?

The OP's question usually gets answered eventually but the route there is always circuitous. 😉

Al Gore once tried to control what was posted around here but even he failed. 😀

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

This is a thread that really needs photos.

I have the 20 oz. black one and Mrs. Dawg has Pink. 

bubba-stainless-steel-desk-mug-34oz-coral-pink.jfif 51.62 kB · 8 downloads

This is not the mug/picture I got when I googled Walmart Bubba mug. That I called ugly. Yours is cute! (and not top heavy, which the other one looked)

1 hour ago, clo said:

Not new, been around for awhile. I don't post a lot though.  How would you feel if your question got hijacked?  I just asked a simple question and really just expected a fun conversation about what I had asked.  

44 minutes ago, SouthernIllnoiscruisers said:

Not new, been around for awhile. I don't post a lot though.  How would you feel if your question got hijacked?  I just asked a simple question and really just expected a fun conversation about what I had asked.  

It's happened to me countless times.

2 hours ago, SouthernIllnoiscruisers said:

Crazy of me to think people would stay on topic lol.

It's like herding cats around here. It's better for your sanity not to try.

But here is the Contigo coffee mug I use in the car commuting to work.

mug.jpg

Edited by DirtyDawg

5 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

... maybe.

Maybe they just read without responding.

4 hours ago, SouthernIllnoiscruisers said:

Your are correct of course.  My earlier comment was intended as a good natured joke.  Tough crowd or more likely my jokes aren't as funny as I think.  LOL

Anyway,  just recently I heard good things about Zojirushi stainless steel mugs.  They come in 12 oz & 16 oz sizes.  Besides keeping things hot they don't leak through the cap so you could toss one in your pack if you wanted.   

zoji.png.89e535b11387c3dcd1c213620b40d147.png

On 7/6/2019 at 9:20 AM, mjkacmom said:

I love my yeti.

I agree COMPLETELY!! My sister brought me the 30 oz for my 65th birthday (and as a joke, was gonna have it sandblasted with the phrase 'Hot Stuff' in BIG red letters (because she kids me about how I really enjoy my coffee really HOT) but found out that this  would cost MORE than the cost of the Yeti) I loved my 30 yeti so much we brought 3 of the 20oz (one for me, one my sis and one for my wife). They really like their Yeti for COLD beverages. Either way, Yeti really can do both. But, you really do have to keep track of them because some people MAY try to 'accidently' walk off with it😨

Mac 

Yeti is the way to go. I have had MANY mugs over the years, bought at theme parks or gas stations. Nothing keeps a drink as hot or cold as a Yeti. RTIC is close. We use them on the ship, take them to the beach - nothing worse than a warm beer! We don't go anywhere without ours anymore. We have 20 ox and the larger 32 oz, but usually only take the 20 oz on a cruise. 

• Like 1