Is this a feasible plan for 3 days/2nights in Bermuda?

NCteacherlovescruising

We will be there for 3 days in September on the Celebrity Summit. We dock at 8:30 AM on a Wednesday and leave on Friday at 3:30. Is our plan feasible?

Either day 1 or 2 we want to take the ferry to St. George and then a minibus to Clearwater Beach. I understand we will need to walk the last several minutes, 10-15 or so. If it’s crowded we may continue to the nature reserve and check out beaches there. Time permitting, I would like to see some of St. George while we are there. 

The other two things we want to do is go to Horseshoe Beach and Hamilton.  Would we have time to do both on the same day?  The only reason I’m asking is because I don’t think it will take us long to do what we want in Hamilton ( a little shopping, eat the famous fish sandwich, and possibly catch the festival Wednesday night). If not, we can skip the festival and just do Hamilton our last day, or skip it altogether.  What is the best way to get to Hamilton and how long does it take from the ship?

We can skip Hamilton if we don’t have time for everything. Also, where’s the best place to look for a Bermuda T-shirt. I don’t want a cheap one that will fade or shrink. 

While I have only been to Bermuda once, I have researched it for two years in anticipation of my cruise this October. 

You should be able to do Horseshoe Bay by bus or minibus on the day you arrive, then take the bus from Horseshoe bay into Hamilton, do some shopping in the afternoon, have your fish sandwich and catch the Wednesday night then take the ferry back to the ship.  Posted time from Horseshoe to Hamilton by bus is 30 minutes.  The ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard is only 20 or so minutes (once it leaves - you should line up for it early - gets crowded).  All bus rides and ferry rides are 4.5 when you purchase the tokens in advance at the VIC (visitor information center) at the Dockyard.  Minibus to Horseshoe bay is & dollars pp if you choose that instead of the bus.

While it would be a long day, it would be an efficient use of your first day there.  It would then leave you the Thursday for St-Georges/Clearwater and Friday free.

Otherwise: there is plenty of time on Friday to go to Horseshoe Bay and be back on time before departure.  Hope that helps...

58 minutes ago, Pandot said:

While I have only been to Bermuda once, I have researched it for two years in anticipation of my cruise this October. 

You should be able to do Horseshoe Bay by bus or minibus on the day you arrive, then take the bus from Horseshoe bay into Hamilton, do some shopping in the afternoon, have your fish sandwich and catch the Wednesday night then take the ferry back to the ship.  Posted time from Horseshoe to Hamilton by bus is 30 minutes.  The ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard is only 20 or so minutes (once it leaves - you should line up for it early - gets crowded).  All bus rides and ferry rides are 4.5 when you purchase the tokens in advance at the VIC (visitor information center) at the Dockyard.  Minibus to Horseshoe bay is & dollars pp if you choose that instead of the bus.

While it would be a long day, it would be an efficient use of your first day there.  It would then leave you the Thursday for St-Georges/Clearwater and Friday free.

Otherwise: there is plenty of time on Friday to go to Horseshoe Bay and be back on time before departure.  Hope that helps...

Thanks!  It does, although I was thinking of going back to the ship after Horseshoe to shower, change, and put my face on 😂 before heading to Hamilton. I would be much more comfortable if I did so, plus we would probably eat and grab a couple free cocktails while we were there before heading out again. If we do Hamilton Nights it would be a late night and I’d really be more comfortable after cleaning up. 

11 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Thanks!  It does, although I was thinking of going back to the ship after Horseshoe to shower, change, and put my face on 😂 before heading to Hamilton. I would be much more comfortable if I did so, plus we would probably eat and grab a couple free cocktails while we were there before heading out again. If we do Hamilton Nights it would be a late night and I’d really be more comfortable after cleaning up. 

That is what I do when going to Harbour Nights after Horseshoe. But I have gone other places in Bermuda from Horseshoe. There are showers and changing rooms at Horseshoe. But for Hamilton and Harbour Nights after Horseshoe,  I personally think going back to the ship to freshen up is preferable. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 10:00 PM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We can skip Hamilton if we don’t have time for everything. Also, where’s the best place to look for a Bermuda T-shirt. I don’t want a cheap one that will fade or shrink. 

IMO the best place to get t shirts in Bermuda is a shop called Flying Colours in Hamilton. It is located on Queen St, just up from the ferry terminal on the left side of the street.  The shirts are well made and mostly less than $20 each. There might be a few more expensive shirts too. They have all sizes, DH is a big and tall guy, and we have no problem finding 4x shirts for him. They have souvenirs other than t shirts as well. It's a nice store. 

Edited by bermadu22

23 minutes ago, bermadu22 said:

IMO the best place to get t shirts in Bermuda is a shop called Flying Colours in Hamilton. It is located on Queen St, just up from the ferry terminal on the left side of the street.  The shirts are well made and mostly less than $20 each. There might be a few more expensive shirts too. They have all sizes, DH is a big and tall guy, and we have no problem finding 4x shirts for him. They have souvenirs other than t shirts as well. It's a nice store. 

Thanks!  My guys are in the larger size too so we’ll have to check it out.