Saturday/Sunday in Bermuda?

HardyVA

We have been to Bermuda several times, but always on weekdays.  I'm looking at a cruise that will be in Dockyard Friday, Sat and Sunday?  Is that a bad idea?  I've heard that everything is closed on Sunday and that the ferry schedule is very limited?

should I rethink this?

Edited by HardyVA
Spelling

2 hours ago, HardyVA said:

We have been to Bermuda several times, but always on weekdays.  I'm looking at a cruise that will be in Dockyard Friday, Sat and Sunday?  Is that a bad idea?  I've heard that everything is closed on Sunday and that the ferry schedule is very limited?

should I rethink this?

Depends on what you want to do. On the weekend the ferry does not run to St.George's. The ferry to Hamiltion is more limited. Shops are closed on Sunday in Hamilton and St. George's but they are open at the Dockyard. What ship does Friday, Saturday and Sunday? 

Charles- Summit has a 10 day RI, Charleston, Berrmuda cruise summer 2020 that docks at 3:15 in Dockyard on Friday and leaves on Sunday at 5pm.  Celebrity does not have any Bermuda only cruises listed for next year.  The RI and Bermuda cruises for 2020 are sold out at his time.  (VEranda)

I really don't want to go to Newport or Charleston but this may be the only choice and this is just about sold out.

42 minutes ago, HardyVA said:

I really don't want to go to Newport or Charleston but this may be the only choice and this is just about sold out.

Are you dead set on Celebrity? There are plenty of other options. In the higher end category the Oceania Insignia is doing three 7 day trips from New York in 2020 from New York. Much higher end ship than the Summit and you get to dock in both St Georges and Hamilton rather than the Dockyard. You also get more time on the island. 

1 hour ago, HardyVA said:

Charles- Summit has a 10 day RI, Charleston, Berrmuda cruise summer 2020 that docks at 3:15 in Dockyard on Friday and leaves on Sunday at 5pm.  Celebrity does not have any Bermuda only cruises listed for next year.  The RI and Bermuda cruises for 2020 are sold out at his time.  (VEranda)

I did the 11 day Bermuda and New England on Summit a few weeks ago. Both the June 5 and June 16 sailings were not sold out. I booked eight days before the cruise. Both sailings did Bermuda on weekdays.  Have you looked to see if any of the sailings next year are there weekdays?  I have not looked at next years dates as I never book Celebrity sailings this far in advance and have always found a suitable cabin. Usually I book in March.  I personally would not book that itinerary with Bermuda on Friday, Saturday and Sunday unless I was only going to Horseshoe Bay on Saturday and Sunday.