FS Group Perks

kba1988

On 7/7/2019 at 9:38 PM, Dar & Bob said:

The waived DSC does not seem to be an option anymore.  However, I am sure if you have enough cabins anything is negotiable. 🙂

This is from a Group Options Cheat Sheet that was sent to me from an NCL rep

Some things to note:
- The TC is 1 for every 5 cabins and 10 people booked
o Studios and singles only count as a half cabin towards the TC
- Guests are now required to pay 20% gratuities on the UBP and Dining packages
- Prepaid service charges is no longer a choice
- If your group decides to take the cocktail party or fundraiser amenity, everyone in the group must select it
- If you change ships/sail dates, guests are subject to the new group program
- The tiered OBC is dependent on the stateroom type

If you have any questions, please see your Manager.

Amazing how things change so quickly.  I booked our group in Dec. 2017 - needed to give everyone more than enough time to save up.  We got:

- TC is 1 for every 7 cabins and 14 people booked.

- UBP included and 20% gratuities waived

- Prepaid service charges

- No cocktail party even offered

- No OBC offered.

Wow....😲😲..what a difference a year makes....

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:28 PM, kba1988 said:

Hello, we have booked a Group Cruise with NCL...about 8 cabins.  Our group gets a choice of perks, but the two we chose are (1) ultimate beverage package for everyone and (2) all DSC and Tips waived for everyone.  I have copies of the FS Group Details with all the perks outlined for every cruiser and each cabin. But when these folks log into their online NCL accounts, these perks are not listed for each of them to see.  As the group leader, am I supposed to do anything special to make sure every group member gets what we're entitled to?  Or should we just be confident that when we board the ship in September that everything will be listed and recorded as it should.?? 

Has anyone here planned and executed a group cruise before?  Your insight and advice would be great!  Thanks in advance.

Hi! This year is our 4th group vaca ive planned via NCL. And I know exactly what you are talking about when the individuals load their own account it doesn't show but it shows on your group report. Yes, this is what happens, and like someone else mentioned group bookings are handled a bit differently. But YES... all in your group, under your group report will get what you have listed in your report. It just doesn't show on each of their online accounts.

If you ask your NCL rep you're dealing with, they should be able to confirm all is well even though they can't see it. 

By the way, good perks on the waived fees!! This was our 1st year we couldn't get that as a perk. And a great perk it was!!

• Like 1

It's funny how it's different for everyone booking and dealing with NCL reps. For 4 group cruises I've dealt with 2 separate reps. Both were extremely precise in answering my million and 1 questions and making sure everything was explained fully. The 1st rep was supper nice. But she would never return anyone in our groups calls BUT mine and the other group leader. If I called and got her voicemail, even if I didn't leave a message she would call me back within 10 minutes.

Our other NCL rep is a doll!!! She returns each and every call and email for all the group not just us 2 leaders. 

So for me, I've had pretty good luck with their reps and service. But I also only deal with that one person for all our group bookings and questions. I  use their extention and do not call the main hotline.

• Like 1