NCL Rostock Germany Port Docking at LP31

ama

We will be on the NCL Getaway in July, and our ship is docking at the Rostock Port itself not Warnemünde, like most ships do. My plan is to just take a taxi into town, since we aren't as readily close to the train station like Warnemunde. Can anyone please confirm if taxis are readily available at Rostock port? I've read that some cruise companies provide a shuttle - but I can't seem to find if NCL will have a shuttle for us. Looking through past threads and Dailies, seems again like they docked in Warnemunde instead. Looks like there will be a total of 4 ships that day (the other 3 look to be docking in Warnemunde)! Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

From Anni's website:  https://travelanni.webs.com/  

This website is invaluable for learning about what to see and do around Warnemunde and how to get there on public transport.

Transport from berths LP31 and LP41

Shuttle Bus or Ferry

Some of the cruise lines offer shuttle buses to Rostock and Warnemünde, a shuttle bus to the nearest station or a ferry to Warnemünde.

Shuttle or ferry to Warnemünde - useful if you want to visit the town but a waste of time if you want the train to Rostock.

Shuttle to the nearest rail station - good for trains to both Rostock Hbf and Warnemünde.

Shuttle to Rostock - if the destination is the city centre there is a further 20min walk or 10min tram ride to Rostock Hbf.  Some shuttles stop at the Hbf too.

Taxi

There are always plenty of taxis at the Port. Travel time into Rostock about 25 mins. Fare 25 to 30 euros.  Probably the best option if you are a party of four and catching a train to Schwerin etc.

http://www.hansetaxi-rostock.de/en

Public Transport

Bus No 45 - direction HP Lütten Klein. Bus stop on the same side of the main road as the gate.

Mon - Fri   8:05, 9:05 etc.

Saturday   8:40, 9:40, 10:40

Sunday      9:11, 10:11

Bus No 49 - direction HP Lütten Klein. Bus stop on the same side of the main road as the gate.

Mon - Fri    8:35, 9:35, etc

Sat - Sun     9:01, 11:01,  13:01

These buses terminate at the bus interchange adjacent to Lütten Klein rail station.   Trains depart to Warnemünde from platform 1 and to Rostock Hbf from platform 2 (through the subway) every 15 minutes.

Travel time to Rostock Hbf. about  30-40 minutes depending on bus/train connection.

For return journeys check the timetable at Lütten Klein.  NB. the last buses are around 7pm.

For directions to destinations beyond Rostock Hbf. (eg Schwerin) please see the relevant page.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Thank you for the information. As my mom has some mobility issues, I am hoping to do a taxi straight into Rostock or take the ship shuttle if they have it instead. Just wondered if they have many taxis available at this port - as all of the other 3 ships that day are docked at Warnemünde cruise terminal. We also plan on not getting off super early as we know many will be headed to Berlin and we plan on spending a leisurely day in Rostock. I’ve read in threads that ships do provide shuttles, but can’t find confirmation if NCL will do so. Looks like when NCL docks in Warnemünde - they do not.